Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Apr 2017 #501
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Yes they will possibly do the bios update for you or send you a boxed GPU with the new bios.

    The bios update is easy, however. See, I did it when they came out with a new bios for fan control and the Vram heat issue. Always good to check that your bios is the latest recommended by EVGA/AIB.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	131255

    One thing is that with the EVGA cards with two bios like mine there is a switch. The standard bios sets a power limit of 120 and the other after you change the switch is 130. You update one bios and then you have to update the other after physically flipping the switch and rebooting. See. I'm on the standard bios, power target max 120.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios120.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	131256

    Dude would likely shoot me for never benchmarking with the 130 bios. The only time I used it was to update the bios.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Apr 2017 #502
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,990
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Shame on you
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    21 Apr 2017 #503
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Shame on you
    See, I knew it and it wouldn't surprise me if our EVGA top benchmarkers only use that 130 bios.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Apr 2017 #504
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,814
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Yes they will possibly do the bios update for you or send you a boxed GPU with the new bios.

    The bios update is easy, however. See, I did it when they came out with a new bios for fan control and the Vram heat issue. Always good to check that your bios is the latest recommended by EVGA/AIB.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	131255

    One thing is that with the EVGA cards with two bios like mine there is a switch. The standard bios sets a power limit of 120 and the other after you change the switch is 130. You update one bios and then you have to update the other after physically flipping the switch and rebooting. See. I'm on the standard bios, power target max 120.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios120.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	131256

    Dude would likely shoot me for never benchmarking with the 130 bios. The only time I used it was to update the bios.
    So this switch I assume is the K which overclocks the settings. As far as doing the update, I can do it myself, was just mentioning the fact that its a Free Upgrade for any previous owners of the FTW2 card. The updates are available on there web site, and in their forum too. They are also releasing the Updated Cards to the stores soon too. No Price Increase either.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    21 Apr 2017 #505
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Mike; the switch is a physical switch on the card that you have to move to one side or the other. Many say, where is it as you have to look closely to see it, especially with old age eyes. That K in XOC is K boost is something else - software that ups your OC clock/voltage to what you set it to.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	131270
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Apr 2017 #506
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,814
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Mike; the switch is a physical switch on the card that you have to move to one side or the other. Many say, where is it as you have to look closely to see it, especially with old age eyes. That K in XOC is K boost is something else - software that locks your OC clock to what you set it to.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	131270
    Thanks as I didn't know that, all my Evga cards in the past have been cheap ones. Good to know, as I don't always read my manuals ...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    21 Apr 2017 #507
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    No sweat, Mike. Just make sure if you get the two bios card you update the 120 bios while running the old 120, and update the 130 while running the 130. Read your bios versions before updating. When you power off and switch to the 130, in addition to seeing that version number you will also see that in XOC you power target will now go up to 130.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Apr 2017 #508
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,814
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    No sweat, Mike. Just make sure if you get the two bios card you update the 120 bios while running the old 120, and update the 130 while running the 130. Read your bios versions before updating. When you power off and switch to the 130, in addition to seeing that version number you will also see that in XOC you power target will now go up to 130.
    Well I don't know if this card I'm looking at is.....but it does sound like it has the two bios options ....
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Still going to wait a couple more weeks....
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    21 Apr 2017 #509
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Bios chips = two. So yes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bioschips.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	131274
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Apr 2017 #510
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 39,814
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Yup found a pic of it too, cool....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Switch.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	983.1 KB 
ID:	131276
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Valley Benchmark
Valley | UNIGINE: real-time 3D engine Run at the preset as shown here 29503 Leaderboard...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Tropics Benchmark 1.3 Download - TechSpot Please run at the default settings as shown here 100697 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtRfvyI5ko Leaderboard...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
How to test your PC's DirectX 12 performance today
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
First Benchmark
There will soon be a flood of these, I would imagine. This is an amateur effort, using an intensive game. It does pretty much agree with what I have already tested with windows 8.1 though. Take it or leave it. As the author says, It is early days. ...
General Support
Browser Benchmark
Browser Benchmark Testing Please advise if you would like me to test other browsers Information: Test Setup:
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums