Haha... take it easy. You seem so overwhelmed.
Edit. @Cliff S is it possible that your M.2 SSD isn't sitting on Gen 4 x4 slot? Anything less than x4 will not give you the maximum M.2 SSD performance. Check also the bandwidth tradeoffs between SATA, M.2 and PCIe slots. If you have 2 slots sharing a bandwidth, one of them either gets slowed down or disabled. Check the mobo manual.
I did some testing. The GPU tests are tilted toward single core CPU clock speed. It's not as bad as Valley, but it's definitely there. This software needs updated. Badly.
This is how I have it set up:
1) M.2 PCIe has my PM951 SSD
2)Choice here as it has SATA1 & SATA2, or together SATAe ports, I have only 1 SSD in the SATA1 port here.
3) SATA3 & SATA4(are unavailable when using M.2 PCIe interface module in M.2 slot, so are empty)
4) SATA5 & SATA6 have 1 SSD & 1 HDD @7200rpm
InformationFrom: Z170A PC MATE | MSI USA | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design
• Intel® Z170 Express Chipset
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports* (2 ports reserved for SATA Express port)
• 1 x M.2 slot*
- Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s standards, 4.2cm/ 6cm/ 8cm length M.2 SSD cards (can this be why, Gen3 and not Gen4?)
- Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe Mini-SAS SSD with Turbo U.2 Host Card**
• 1 x SATAe port (PCIe 3.0 x2)***
• Support RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices.
• Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology for Intel Core™ processors.
* SATA1~2 ports will be unavailable when installing the M.2 SATA interface module in M.2 slot. SATA3~4 ports will be unavailable when installing the M.2 PCIe interface module in M.2 slot.
** The Turbo U.2 Host Card is not included, please purchase separately.
*** SATAe port is backward compatible with SATA.
Last edited by Cliff S; 30 Nov 2016 at 07:04.
Cliff you could free up your Sata 3/4 ports if you used a Lycom DT-120 M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter, which uses a empty PCIe x4, x8, or x16 slot on your MB. You would get same speeds. When and if I get a Samsung M2 card, I am going to use the adapter myself. So I don't lose any Ports.
Amazon.com: Lycom DT-120 M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter (Support M.2 PCIe 2280, 2260, 2242): Computers Accessories