Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Jun 2016 #211
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,238
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter

    Board updated

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 Jun 2016 #212
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 227
    8.1 / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by solarstarshines View Post
    2x 980 ti on water no need for 1080's that would be a bad move wait till the Ti's if not wait for the 1180 screw the 1080 it's just slightly faster than your 980ti in gaming i am in sli and to me my sli kills that one card so i am good
    Here's my thought. I have 2 x 980ti Classys that I can use EVGA's step up program for right now. It'll cost me $60 each card to upgrade to the ACX 2.0 1080. That card, at present is worth about $620. The 980ti Classy in 9 months from now when the 1080ti comes out, will likely only be worth $300 or so...they're already selling used for $350-400. Can buy one brand new for less than $500. Moving from the 980ti to the 1080 is only a smallish upgrade, but it puts me in a much better position down the road for future upgrades.

    2 x 980ti sells for $800ish with waterblocks (maybe...probably less)
    OR
    2 x 1080 sells for between $900-$1000 pretty easy.

    It's more a matter of math / money, than it is about the performance. = )

    I started the step up on my 2 cards yesterday....I'm in the queue awaiting my turn.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 Jun 2016 #213

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post
    Here's my thought. I have 2 x 980ti Classys that I can use EVGA's step up program for right now. It'll cost me $60 each card to upgrade to the ACX 2.0 1080. That card, at present is worth about $620. The 980ti Classy in 9 months from now when the 1080ti comes out, will likely only be worth $300 or so...they're already selling used for $350-400. Can buy one brand new for less than $500. Moving from the 980ti to the 1080 is only a smallish upgrade, but it puts me in a much better position down the road for future upgrades.

    2 x 980ti sells for $800ish with waterblocks (maybe...probably less)
    OR
    2 x 1080 sells for between $900-$1000 pretty easy.

    It's more a matter of math / money, than it is about the performance. = )

    I started the step up on my 2 cards yesterday....I'm in the queue awaiting my turn.
    I'm a Gigabyte fan that is my problem when i got a Windforce 780Ti i fell in love lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    19 Jun 2016 #214
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit/vs.1703/15063.608

    Tweaky tweaky, if it ain't broke, fix it til it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 19 2016 Heaven 2nd.PNG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Jun 2016 #215

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    Tweaky tweaky, if it ain't broke, fix it til it is.
    I used to have 2 oc settings one for gaming and one for bragging rights in benchmarks , the second one would crap out ingame but could get me through all the benchies
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Jun 2016 #216

    Dude i dont mean to be picky (but lets face we are all a little bit obsessive or we would'nt be here ) You got my score wrong
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    20 Jun 2016 #217
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit/vs.1703/15063.608

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie123 View Post
    I used to have 2 oc settings one for gaming and one for bragging rights in benchmarks , the second one would crap out ingame but could get me through all the benchies
    Back in the day (when I had a job and did new builds every 6 months) we used to call those suicide shots. O/C til it crashed, then try to get a complete bench score before that crash. lol
    The specs I have now are 24/7 and stable. I saved for 6 years and had to do this build. Next one sometime in 2022, I hope. Cheers
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    20 Jun 2016 #218
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,238
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie123 View Post
    Dude i dont mean to be picky (but lets face we are all a little bit obsessive or we would'nt be here ) You got my score wrong
    I will fix it tonight when I get home from work
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    20 Jun 2016 #219

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I will fix it tonight when I get home from work
    Your a gentleman
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Jun 2016 #220
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,238
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie123 View Post
    Your a gentleman
    Board fixed, apologies @Archie123
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Catzilla Benchmark
Another benchmark. You can register for free and run 720p, How good are your catzilla scores? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSNwmx9cOE Get it here, now Version 1.4 Downloads - Download
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Tropics Benchmark 1.3 Download - TechSpot Please run at the default settings as shown here 100697 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtRfvyI5ko Leaderboard...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
First Benchmark
There will soon be a flood of these, I would imagine. This is an amateur effort, using an intensive game. It does pretty much agree with what I have already tested with windows 8.1 though. Take it or leave it. As the author says, It is early days. ...
General Support
Browser Benchmark
Browser Benchmark Testing Please advise if you would like me to test other browsers Information: Test Setup:
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums