Show off your PC [2]


  1. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #1051

    Just scored a EK AIO 360 D-RGB, finally in stock at normal price. Should get it Jan 6. Woohoo. Will see if it converts me to water cooling or whether I wasted $150 and revert to air. Will post review.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1052

    Geneo said:
    Just scored a EK AIO 360 D-RGB, finally in stock at normal price. Should get it Jan 6. Woohoo. Will see if it converts me to water cooling or whether I wasted $150 and revert to air. Will post review.
    Some of the big air coolers will go head to head with the AIO's. It would be interesting to hear your results with EK's AIO 360 though. A single CPU on a 360 should be pretty good I would say.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #1053

    Kol12 said:
    Some of the big air coolers will go head to head with the AIO's. It would be interesting to hear your results with EK's AIO 360 though. A single CPU on a 360 should be pretty good I would say.
    I currently have the NH-D15 running with one fan, which is one of the best, if not the best, performing air coolers. I am hoping to get a 5c improvement under OC load. Will report back.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #1054

    Kol12 said:
    Some of the big air coolers will go head to head with the AIO's. It would be interesting to hear your results with EK's AIO 360 though. A single CPU on a 360 should be pretty good I would say.
    Well the good news is I get at least approximately 7 degrees better OC load temps at about the same or less noise level. I can gain even more. Also nice is how fast it can cool down after a heavy load.

    The bad news is it really doesn't fit well in my motherboard, a Asus Maximus Hero XII. Will post pictures later. The issue is the connectors where the tubes enter the water block. The original stall wass with tose dfacing downwards, and my temps were worse than the nh-d15. It turns out the connectors hit the beefy VRM heatsink on the bottom, so there was no contact with the bottom half of the CPU IHS. My only other option is to the right where the RAM is. Well the connectors also overlap with the first RAM slot, so I had to take out to of my sticks. Those 32 GB of CL16 B-die were very expensive.

    So not sure what I am going to do
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1055

    Hi,
    What's normal price
    When rma is in Germany it's never fun
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #1056

    Normal price is $154. That is what I paid.

    Well I got the top orientation to work. I had to shove the radiator as far as it would go to the back of the case for the tubes to reach. Not an ideal or pretty configuration, but I got my RAM back.

    Around 7c cooler with aio fans capped at 75% than the nh-d15 with fan at 100%. A little quieter too.


    You can see the RAM is an issue on the right and for below, the pump connectors hit the bottom part of the beefy VRM heatsink preventing contact with the CPU IHS.
    Was thinking about a front as intake but that ain't going to happen.

    Yeah, I know I got to peel off that round foil on the block.

    Show off your PC [2]-5t2a5421.jpg
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1057

    Hi,
    Yeah for the USA I'd have to get 5 year instore warranty adding more to the cost but never have to rma ship.
    EK needs rma centers in the USA like corsair/...
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1058

    Geneo said:
    Normal price is $154. That is what I paid.

    Well I got the top orientation to work. I had to shove the radiator as far as it would go to the back of the case for the tubes to reach. Not an ideal or pretty configuration, but I got my RAM back.

    Around 7c cooler with aio fans capped at 75% than the nh-d15 with fan at 100%. A little quieter too.


    You can see the RAM is an issue on the right and for below, the pump connectors hit the bottom part of the beefy VRM heatsink preventing contact with the CPU IHS.
    Was thinking about a front as intake but that ain't going to happen.

    Yeah, I know I got to peel off that round foil on the block.

    Show off your PC [2]-5t2a5421.jpg
    Hmmm, surprised EK didn't opt for the tubes into the face of the CPU block like their custom water blocks. It does look very tight. Did EK list compatible motherboards? If it's working like you have it now that might be the best you will get it. Aside from that it's obviously cooling much better that the Noctua.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #1059

    Kol12 said:
    Hmmm, surprised EK didn't opt for the tubes into the face of the CPU block like their custom water blocks. It does look very tight. Did EK list compatible motherboards? If it's working like you have it now that might be the best you will get it. Aside from that it's obviously cooling much better that the Noctua.
    No compatibility list as far as I could find.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1060

    Hi,
    Looks nice.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums