2019 Hardware Thread

Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
  1. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #901

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    New Update EVGA Precision X1 Version 0.4.8.0

    Release: 8/1/2019
    Adds new "Boost Lock" feature, this feature will allow you to lock the graphics card frequency to the highest performance state. Please note that SLI is not currently supported in this feature.

    EVGA - Software - EVGA Precision X1
    Interesting, this could effectively be overriding Nvidia's GPU boost system. Will need to see it to believe it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #902

    Can anyone recommend a good cheapish case that looks nice and has at least 2 Front bays for optical drives. I've spent a lot of time searching and so far the one I'd go with is the Corsair 750D. I would be interested to see what you guys come up with.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #903

    swarfega said: View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good cheapish case that looks nice and has at least 2 Front bays for optical drives. I've spent a lot of time searching and so far the one I'd go with is the Corsair 750D. I would be interested to see what you guys come up with.
    What are you doing with optical bays? They're more or less fazed out...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #904

    swarfega said: View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good cheapish case that looks nice and has at least 2 Front bays for optical drives. I've spent a lot of time searching and so far the one I'd go with is the Corsair 750D. I would be interested to see what you guys come up with.
    I use this SDRW-08D2S-U LITE | Optical Drives & Storage | ASUS Global instead.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #905

    @CountMike Thats something to consider.
    @Kol12 Watch the occasional Blu-Ray as I don't have a player.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #906

    swarfega said: View Post
    @CountMike Thats something to consider.
    @Kol12 Watch the occasional Blu-Ray as I don't have a player.
    I think I would consider the external Blu-Ray as CountMike suggested. Optical bays are really outdated and there are serious advantages not having them in the way in a case, like cooling options. I had to build my custom loop around the empty optical bay in my Corsair 450D and lets just say it was quite challenging!

    Why are you after a new case? You appear to have two good cases already. Are you planning to transplant one of your systems or is this a new build?

    Edit: The 750D - Great cases but also pretty outdated now. I love my Obsidian 450D but I would get something more modern if I were buying now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 5,095
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #907

    swarfega said: View Post
    @CountMike Thats something to consider.
    @Kol12 Watch the occasional Blu-Ray as I don't have a player.
    Hi,
    Best cases around
    Single slot
    Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design

    Dual
    Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design

    Quad
    Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design

    I like expansion slots great for my easy sway evo dual 2.5" ssd/ hdd usage
    I only need one cd/ dvd burner yes I use it for many items not exclusive to watching dvd movies but also dvd windows installers for all builds and also winpe recovery and creating and restoring system images
    Total waste of a flash drive for these things.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #908

    The Phanteks cases seem to really emphasize on storage, great if that's what you need but there is quite an airflow restriction there if that's important to you. On the other hand those Phanteks cases look like you can remove bits and pieces to customize it to your liking.

    I probably like the Enthoo Pro M out those listed above.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #909

    Thanks Thrash, I like the design of the last two. Will look into them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #910

    Kol12 said: View Post
    The Phanteks cases seem to really emphasize on storage, great if that's what you need but there is quite an airflow restriction there if that's important to you. On the other hand those Phanteks cases look like you can remove bits and pieces to customize it to your liking.
    Yes you can.....I think there are the BEST Cases you can buy.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Related Threads
2018 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2018 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums Newegg only has 1 2080 TI for sale and it isn't EVGA, Asus, MSI or Gigabyte. Nobody has stock right now. Which also make you have to ask about all the 'Little Chickens' on You Tube who...
2018 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from: 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums Just a thought, maybe Steve or Shawn could create a new 2018 Hardware thread, and move our posts since Jan 1 and move all our subscriptions to it, kind of like when you do the Today...
2017 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums I was just watching the newest video from Gamers Nexus, and fell in love with that home made case:roflmao: 159146 By the way screenshot is 4K and makes a great wallpaper for GN fans:p
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.
Find Us