2019 Hardware Thread

Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
  1. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 4,947
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #721

    Hi,
    Only thing I've read about msi god like is it's not god like at all

    But amd does have some interesting stuff soon to break out.
    Some say Intel likely drop prices but that is very unlike intel
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 1,857
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903)
       #722

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    But amd does have some interesting stuff soon to break out.
    Some say Intel likely drop prices but that is very unlike intel
    AMD's systems are said to be getting more expensive, not less, due to the new tech surrounding the new AMD motherboards. If so, Intel, may wait to see what performance said systems are getting and adjust from there.

    Regardless, I for one don't plan on moving to an AMD based system unless performance far exceeds that of Intel based systems. And a couple of frames here and there isn't going to cut it.

    That's me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #723

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    AMD's systems are said to be getting more expensive, not less, due to the new tech surrounding the new AMD motherboards. If so, Intel, may wait to see what performance said systems are getting and adjust from there.

    Regardless, I for one don't plan on moving to an AMD based system unless performance far exceeds that of Intel based systems. And a couple of frames here and there isn't going to cut it.

    That's me.
    Unlike Intel requiring new sockets and chipsets all the time, Ryzen 3000 series will work on earlier MBs and chipsets, 300 and 400 series. Existing x470 chipset MBs are enough up to 12/24 core/thread processors thanks to 7nM and low TDP. Only top end 16/32 CPUs would need stronger than existing MBs. For now, x570 chipset MBs have only one advantage over x470 MBs and that's PCIe v4.0 which will impact only new AMD GPUs and anything PCIe like NVMe SSDs which can double it's potential throughput. Medium range x570 MB by MSI has projected cost of about $170. New Ryzen, although projected cost is a bit higher than Ryzen 2 was at the beginning is still lower per core than comparable Intel ones.
    I don't expect anybody with lets say I9 9900k to jump and switch to Ryzen 3800x but new builders will get comparable performance for much less. Ryzen with 16 cores and 32 threads doesn't have much to compare with.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 1,857
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903)
       #724

    CountMike said: View Post
    I don't expect anybody with lets say I9 9900k to jump and switch to Ryzen 3800x but new builders will get comparable performance for much less. Ryzen with 16 cores and 32 threads doesn't have much to compare with.
    Yep, that's me. And I wouldn't.

    But to be honest, if I were still running my 7700K, I'd still go something Intel. I remember when I first got into computers in 1998 AMD was vying to be competitive with Intel. Years later Intel is still on top, and we're now seeing round 2. How will this one turn out?

    Anyway I'm an Intel man, though I've always used AMD's GPU's (still do).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #725

    paulpicks21 said: View Post
    Hi Solar. I'm running a 9900K on my original Z370 board. It runs very well.
    Sounds good don't know if i'll snag one of those chips i might sell my 6950x set up and replace it with that
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #726

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    Yep, that's me. And I wouldn't.

    But to be honest, if I were still running my 7700K, I'd still go something Intel. I remember when I first got into computers in 1998 AMD was vying to be competitive with Intel. Years later Intel is still on top, and we're now seeing round 2. How will this one turn out?

    Anyway I'm an Intel man, though I've always used AMD's GPU's (still do).
    Last Intel CPU I had was Pentium 200 Pro. Survived just fine on Cyrix and AMD before it and after it just fine without getting robbed, pocket picked and mugged by Intel.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,242
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 Build 18362.263 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #727

    CountMike said: View Post
    Last Intel CPU I had was Pentium 200 Pro. Survived just fine on Cyrix and AMD before it and after it just fine without getting robbed, pocket picked and mugged by Intel.
    Exactly! Way too expensive!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #728

    New Update and its not a Beta Version....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X1.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	237514

    EVGA - Software - EVGA Precision X1
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,854
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #729

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    New Update and its not a Beta Version....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X1.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	237514

    EVGA - Software - EVGA Precision X1
    Nice thank you. I was wondering how far a new release was.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 4,947
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #730

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    Sounds good don't know if i'll snag one of those chips i might sell my 6950x set up and replace it with that
    Hi,
    Dang I'd keep that one but then again those beast 6950x'x are posted for big bucks even more than 9900x's are showing retail

    Think Paul might jump off 9900k for 99..x he has hinted
    But no doubt 9900k games a lot better shitload high cache capabilities probably why it games a lot better.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Related Threads
2018 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2018 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums Newegg only has 1 2080 TI for sale and it isn't EVGA, Asus, MSI or Gigabyte. Nobody has stock right now. Which also make you have to ask about all the 'Little Chickens' on You Tube who...
2018 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from: 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums Just a thought, maybe Steve or Shawn could create a new 2018 Hardware thread, and move our posts since Jan 1 and move all our subscriptions to it, kind of like when you do the Today...
2017 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums I was just watching the newest video from Gamers Nexus, and fell in love with that home made case:roflmao: 159146 By the way screenshot is 4K and makes a great wallpaper for GN fans:p
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19.
Find Us