2019 Hardware Thread

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,187
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       2 Days Ago #161

    Kol12 said: View Post
    It doesn't give any clue what the article is.
    For those "in the know".
    You need to follow the tech YouTubers like Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, JayzTwoCents, Linus Tech Tips , and Gamers Nexus to understand.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    2 Days Ago #162

    Cliff S said: View Post
    For those "in the know".
    You need to follow the tech YouTubers like Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, JayzTwoCents, Linus Tech Tips , and Gamers Nexus to understand.
    I must be missing something but no worries.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,187
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       2 Days Ago #163

    Kol12 said: View Post
    I must be missing something but no worries.
    bitwit copywrite strike the verge - Google Search
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,926
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.316 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       2 Days Ago #164

    Hehheh, yep, that one became a big one. In the long run Vox Media / The Verge is just hurting themselves with this. The tech media has changed a lot over the past years and big corporations does not stand a chance against the community. Thanks to YouTube all this has become possible.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,187
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       2 Days Ago #165

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hehheh, yep, that one became a big one. In the long run Vox Media / The Verge is just hurting themselves with this. The tech media has changed a lot over the past years and big corporations does not stand a chance against the community. Thanks to YouTube all this has become possible.
    The only thing is, the Verge is getting dogged, for something an over zealous lawyer for the parent company(VOX Media) did.
    Further...
    The Verges editor in chief pulled the strike, but did not apologize, instead said he sided with the lawyers decision. That was really bad, after all the articles The Verge has posted about how weaponizing the strike system is becoming a problem
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,926
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.316 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       2 Days Ago #166

    Cliff S said: View Post
    The only thing is, the Verge is getting dogged, for something an over zealous lawyer for the parent company(VOX Media) did.
    Further...
    The Verges editor in chief pulled the strike, but did not apologize, instead said he sided with the lawyers decision. That was really bad, after all the articles The Verge has posted about how weaponizing the strike system is becoming a problem
    Actually they posted about the strike system before they actually did the strike on the channels. That fact makes it even worse. What a bunch of hypocrites.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    22 Hours Ago #167

    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Hours Ago #168

    slicendice said: View Post
    Actually they posted about the strike system before they actually did the strike on the channels. That fact makes it even worse. What a bunch of hypocrites.
    Almost everybody had forgotten about that awful video. Myself included. I was still reading some of Verge articles from time to time. Majority of people had never watched this video. Now everyone in the tech community knows about it. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

    The the official response from Verge, they end it up with a comment they say is a dead threat.. It wasn't, the guy was referencing to the company not dying..

    I've never seen a company handle PR in such a pathetic way.

    Anyway, I think Paul's Hardware has the best response.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,926
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.316 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       21 Hours Ago #169

    @Brawndo

    Yep, Paul made a really good response!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Related Threads
2018 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2018 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums Newegg only has 1 2080 TI for sale and it isn't EVGA, Asus, MSI or Gigabyte. Nobody has stock right now. Which also make you have to ask about all the 'Little Chickens' on You Tube who...
2018 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from: 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums Just a thought, maybe Steve or Shawn could create a new 2018 Hardware thread, and move our posts since Jan 1 and move all our subscriptions to it, kind of like when you do the Today...
2017 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums I was just watching the newest video from Gamers Nexus, and fell in love with that home made case:roflmao: 159146 By the way screenshot is 4K and makes a great wallpaper for GN fans:p
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58.
Find Us