2018 Hardware Thread [2]

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #401

    My 8700K I could go up to 5.4 and run all day @5.3 stable. That was delidded also.
      My Computers

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,575
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #402

    OldMike65 said:
    Yes that's if you buy a new chip from them Cliff, but I can send them my chip and then they will delid and bin it for me, Cost is around 100.00 with shipping. Process is explained here...
    Professionally have your Intel K Series CPU Binned & Delidded by MPPC
    And how much did your chip cost?
      My Computers

  3. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #403

    Cliff S said:
    And how much did your chip cost?
    I paid 616.37 for mine Cliff, that includes shipping and state taxes.
      My Computers

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,575
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #404

    OldMike65 said:
    I paid 616.37 for mine Cliff, that includes shipping and state taxes.
    That's good, then after delidding and new IHS, it'll still be cheaper than an original boxed here in Germany
      My Computers

  5. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #405

    Cliff S said:
    That's good, then after delidding and new IHS, it'll still be cheaper than an original boxed here in Germany
    But YOUR chip is much better....you won the CPU lottery with that baby Cliff !!!!
      My Computers

  6. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 7,108
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #406

    OldMike65 said:
    Yes I know what delidding does Cliff, but if I can get lower temps, and they also change the top cover to a copper one, which makes it have a larger area to apply the thermal grease on, I might squeeze out 5.2 ... They explain it a lot more on there site. Binned CPU - Intel 9900k | Main Performance PC
    Hi,
    A few people believe copper isn't good for liquid metal long term anyway not sure what thermal grease they might use though :/
      My Computers

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,575
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #407

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    A few people believe copper isn't good for liquid metal long term anyway not sure what thermal grease they might use though :/
    BS, it only discolors the copper, nothing more. And who wants to look at the inside of an IHS anyhow
    It's aluminum that will die a fast painful death being eaten like a detective from Hannibal Lecter
      My Computers

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,575
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #408

      My Computers

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,575
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #409

      My Computers

  10. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 7,108
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #410

    Cliff S said:
    BS, it only discolors the copper, nothing more. And who wants to look at the inside of an IHS anyhow
    It's aluminum that will die a fast painful death being eaten like a detective from Hannibal Lecter
    Hi,
    I did say long term schmuck
      My Computers


 
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums