2018 Hardware Thread [2]

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,576
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #161

    You're welcome Mike.
    Nothing like some BIOS Porn, ey?
      My Computers

  2. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #162

    Cliff S said:
    You're welcome Mike.
    This AVX setting ...on my 8700k ...I always had it set to 0 .....its now on 2 ....and my board did that...not me.
      My Computers

  3. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #163

    Cliff S said:
    You're welcome Mike.
    Nothing like some BIOS Porn, ey?
    Love it ....its going to help me a lot....I use TPU II thou ....surprised you don't.
      My Computers

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #164

    Hey Cliff its getting late for you, so if you need a nap or something ....take it....I got plenty of things left to do here.
      My Computers

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,576
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #165

    When trying the 5.6GHz one, after changing the base clock to 101.8 and multiplier to 55, you must go to DRAM Frequency and change your RAM speed back to your XMP speed, as base clock in this case ramps up the speed too much, it's just a quick correction or you might not make it into Windows.
      My Computers

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,576
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #166

    OldMike65 said:
    Love it ....its going to help me a lot....I use TPU II thou ....surprised you don't.
    The TPU is just an auto overclocker, and does nothing when you go back and manually make changes.
      My Computers

  7. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #167

    Cliff S said:
    When trying the 5.6GHz one, after changing the base clock to 101.8 and multiplier to 55, you must go to DRAM Frequency and change your RAM speed back to your XMP speed, as base clock in this case ramps up the speed too much, it's just a quick correction or you might not make it into Windows.
    I'm a long ways from trying THAT speed.....what I want to do now is control my temps better...
      My Computers

  8. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #168

    Cliff S said:
    The TPU is just an auto overclocker, and does nothing when you go back and manually make changes.
    That is what changed my AVX ....lol
      My Computers

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,576
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #169

    OldMike65 said:
    I'm a long ways from trying THAT speed.....what I want to do now is control my temps better...
    I always let BIOS make the adjustments, then in Windows add my own fan curve to AI Suite Fan Xpert.
      My Computers

  10. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,890
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #170

    going to put it back to 0 at some point....and see what happens.
      My Computers


 
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums