Windows 10: My CPU fann (Question and other things) ...

  1.    2 Weeks Ago #1

    My CPU fann (Question and other things) ...


    Hey there, i've looked at my BIOS to see my Fan speeds.

    My CPU fan: 1010 RPM.
    Airflow Fan: 980 RPM.

    my CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 MHz, 2 core('s), 4 logic processor(s)

    is there anything to worry about? :/
    are these normal fan speeds or low? :/

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    2 Weeks Ago #2

    In BIOS you might not see actual speeds, only when in OS and doing things on it. More than likely that fan speeds are adjustable according to temperatures of CPU and in the case so with different loads they will change too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    2 Weeks Ago #3

    CountMike said: View Post
    In BIOS you might not see actual speeds, only when in OS and doing things on it. More than likely that fan speeds are adjustable according to temperatures of CPU and in the case so with different loads they will change too.
    When i cold boot my PC and load to BIOS my CPU fan-speed is at: 980RPM..
    when i do heavy things it loads up to 1012-1030RPM.. the CPU-fan has also an 4-pin Connector so yeah when the CPU gets hot, the fan will automatically spins faster right? but should i worry about it..?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    2 Weeks Ago #4

    Ph0werd said: View Post
    When i cold boot my PC and load to BIOS my CPU fan-speed is at: 980RPM..
    when i do heavy things it loads up to 1012-1030RPM.. the CPU-fan has also an 4-pin Connector so yeah when the CPU gets hot, the fan will automatically spins faster right? but should i worry about it..?
    Not unless anything gets too hot. If temps are normal so will be fan rpm. Most modern MBs let you adjust fan speed curve in BIOS or thru SW.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    2 Weeks Ago #5

    But when the CPU gets around 50-60 the CPU-fan (With 4-pin connector) will automatically spins faster right, i've read that 4-pins connector can automatically spins faster or slower.. with a 3-pin connector it stays at high speed and never change.. right? :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #6

    Ph0werd said: View Post
    But when the CPU gets around 50-60 the CPU-fan (With 4-pin connector) will automatically spins faster right, i've read that 4-pins connector can automatically spins faster or slower.. with a 3-pin connector it stays at high speed and never change.. right? :/
    Partially right, even 3pin fans can be adjusted by varying voltage, it's just that 4pin fans can be adjusted more accurately. By adjusting voltage only power to a fan is reduced and air resistance slows it down. 4pin PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) fans get regulated by varying length and frequency of pulses and effectively switch fan off and on in fast cadence while giving it same voltage (12v) all the time.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    2 Weeks Ago #7

    CountMike said: View Post
    Partially right, even 3pin fans can be adjusted by varying voltage, it's just that 4pin fans can be adjusted more accurately. By adjusting voltage only power to a fan is reduced and air resistance slows it down. 4pin PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) fans get regulated by varying length and frequency of pulses and effectively switch fan off and on in fast cadence while giving it same voltage (12v) all the time.
    So there is nothing to Worry about..? :P when the CPU gets hotter, the CPU-fan will spin harder :P and what about the (RPM) is that good enough for my case.. (its an normal Desktop-PC) btw xD
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #8

    As long as temps are fine, nothing to worry about, that's what they are there for. What I don't know is what are maximum RPMs for those fans. On my other machine (AMD system) I have OEM cooler that can run up to 5000+ RPM while on this one they are 140mm fans with max speed of 1200rpm.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Hi all - I've been on win7 since the beta days, have been building and customizing PCs since 4.77Mhz was the norm, have my interface customized to look like win98 (icons, start menu, no animations, minimal services, etc), and am happy with its...
    Breaking things in General Support
    It seems that every windows update fixes some things and breaks others. When is MS going to get this right. One particular thing now broken on my two desktop machines since the December update is the monitor on both machines wont turn off after a...
    Source: Open Translators to Things: An Open Approach for Accessing Similar Things | Building Apps for Windows
    Hi folks / performance gurus Got an old server 4 HDD storage bays and SSD with Raid 0 -- created 2 arrays of 2 logical HDD's but 4 physical HDD's (1 array 2 X 4TB, 1 array 2 X 3TB) -- Is this better than creating 1 array of all 4 HDD's - I'd...
    So many things don't work in General Support
    Brand new Dell XPS 8900 with Windows 10 and IE 11. Tried everything I could find on Google to no avail. - Can't eliminate the initial password sign-in - Can't get Control Panel to stay with Large Icons - Can't get Google to be my default browser...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.
    Find Us