Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
  1. stealth2920's Avatar
    Posts : 492
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit
       #701

    Kol12 said:
    I would imagine the Realtek chips on the high end motherboards sound very good and are near comparable to a dedicated sound card, I was just playing with you guy's. I should see what the Realtek sounds like on my X-Hero some time. Then I can tell you whether my Sound Blaster was worth it or not.
    Prior to buying my Sound Blaster I used the Realtek on my X Hero and it sounded pretty good. I have just always used dedicated sound cards.
      My Computer

  2. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 2,324
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1909
       #702

    stealth2920 said:
    Prior to buying my Sound Blaster I used the Realtek on my X Hero and it sounded pretty good. I have just always used dedicated sound cards.
    I had already brought my Sound Blaster before I got my X-Hero and it made sense to reuse it. I couldn't say how it compares to the X-Hero Realtek without hearing it. I would imagine the Sound Blaster has better specs and you kind of expect that from a dedicated sound card.

    You don't want to hear the sound on my notebook...
      My Computer

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #703

    I think the only advantage of a sound card would be, if something on your system was causing interference with either the Realtek CODEC, or the built in DAC(on the Max X boards it's a ESS® Sabre ES9023P), or the RC4580 Dual Audio Operational Amplifier.

    I was getting some serious noice when I used some Bitfenix LEDs once, and it took a while to find out that was the cause and not ROG's Supreme FX system.
      My Computers

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #704

    Have other ASUS devices been affected by the malware attack?
    No, only the version of Live Update used for notebooks has been affected. All other devices remain unaffected.
    https://icr-am.asus.com/webchat/icr....tenantId=EN-US
      My Computers

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #705

    A few updates today:

    (actually they are all older drivers, but these are the ones that showed up today):
    Realtek Audio Driver
    V8468_WHQL_20180621_DTSCustom1.06_DTSHPX1.73_SonicSuite3.6.42_FF03_RS4



    LAN Intel
    Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V23.2(Universal)

    Intel Chipset Driver
    Support Intel platform.
    V10.1.17809.8096_RS5
      My Computers

  6. stealth2920's Avatar
    Posts : 492
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit
       #706

    Cliff S said:
    A few updates today:

    (actually they are all older drivers, but these are the ones that showed up today):
    Realtek Audio Driver
    V8468_WHQL_20180621_DTSCustom1.06_DTSHPX1.73_SonicSuite3.6.42_FF03_RS4



    LAN Intel
    Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V23.2(Universal)

    Intel Chipset Driver
    Support Intel platform.
    V10.1.17809.8096_RS5
    I saw these on the Asus site with a current date so I downloaded the Lan and the Chipset drivers. When I attempted to install them, I got an alert that I have a newer driver already installed. Why would they put out older drivers? I'm confused.
      My Computer


  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #707

    stealth2920 said:
    I saw these on the Asus site with a current date so I downloaded the Lan and the Chipset drivers. When I attempted to install them, I got an alert that I have a newer driver already installed. Why would they put out older drivers? I'm confused.
    These ones are tested(and probably tweaked for the specific motherboard) by ASUS, and the newer ones(like I have) are generic ones, except for the Realtek ones, that I get at the ROG forums.
      My Computers

  8. stealth2920's Avatar
    Posts : 492
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit
       #708

    Cliff S said:
    These ones are tested(and probably tweaked for the specific motherboard) by ASUS, and the newer ones(like I have) are generic ones, except for the Realtek ones, that I get at the ROG forums.
    I normally always want the newest drivers possible so my OCD might kick in if I attempted to install older drivers. Not sure if these older drivers would make any difference on my X Hero anyway.
      My Computer

  9. Geneo's Avatar
    Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Retail
       #709

    Cliff S said:
    These ones are tested(and probably tweaked for the specific motherboard) by ASUS, and the newer ones(like I have) are generic ones, except for the Realtek ones, that I get at the ROG forums.
    Well for the code they posted

    Version 10.1.17903.8106
    2019/03/20

    followed by a lower version

    Version 10.1.17809.8096
    2019/04/03

    They are both posted there right now. They did this on another driver as well
    So they don't know what they are doing .
      My Computer

  10. stealth2920's Avatar
    Posts : 492
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit
       #710

    Geneo said:
    Well for the code they posted

    Version 10.1.17903.8106
    2019/03/20

    followed by a lower version

    Version 10.1.17809.8096
    2019/04/03

    They are both posted there right now. They did this on another driver as well
    So they don't know what they are doing .
    Makes no sense. I'm not installing an older driver cause the date is newer. Confusing for sure.
      My Computer


 
Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums