Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
  1. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,830
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #201

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Probably just a system "fart".

    Sometimes things happen in the background, and conflict with one another, and then "poof!" an error(or even a BSOD), if it happens only one don't worry about it, only if it keeps repeating.
    Interesting, sounds comforting. I just reinstalled Windows earlier this week and was shocked at how fast and responsive the desktop was again, I had almost forgotten that feeling when I first installed Windows on Maximus X Hero. Clearly I had some bad software or conflicts that had slowed my machine considerably.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,699
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #202

    Kol12 said: View Post
    Interesting, sounds comforting. I just reinstalled Windows earlier this week and was shocked at how fast and responsive the desktop was again, I had almost forgotten that feeling when I first installed Windows on Maximus X Hero. Clearly I had some bad software or conflicts that had slowed my machine considerably.
    I have found sometimes when you uninstall a program(AI Suite for example) some of their service remain and still run in the background, and because the program for it is gone, it can cause slowdowns.

    This is why, if I think of it, when I uninstall a program I know has services, I check Services an see if something is there.

    2018 and still many uninstallers are still programmed sloppy
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,830
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #203

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I don't bench my disks. To me a waste of writes for a number that means nothing, because the system is doing things in the background always, that affect each score, on each run.
    It should still give some general idea of drive speed though no? I see you have almost all SSD's, I'm stuck deciding whether to get a 3-4 TB HDD to replace and aging HDD or go purely SSD, I like games though, lot's and that amount of storage in SSD is very expensive. Do you game off SSD?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,699
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #204

    Kol12 said: View Post
    It should still give some general idea of drive speed though no? I see you have almost all SSD's, I'm stuck deciding whether to get a 3-4 TB HDD to replace and aging HDD or go purely SSD, I like games though, lot's and that amount of storage in SSD is very expensive. Do you game off SSD?
    I don't game, sorry.
    I use my system as a workstation, and the Maximus X Hero with an 8700K works awesome for that.

    look at my specs and you'll see I prefer to put my user libraries/folders(except for Desktop) and <OneDrive on a HDD, as it is cheaper, and makes no noticeable difference in speed opening files.

    Only thing is, if you have programs that need to constantly read and write to disk, like video editing, graphics programs, CAD and so on, you can create a folder in your user profile on your system disk just for that program, and point it to that folder.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,830
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #205

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I have found sometimes when you uninstall a program(AI Suite for example) some of their service remain and still run in the background, and because the program for it is gone, it can cause slowdowns.

    This is why, if I think of it, when I uninstall a program I know has services, I check Services an see if something is there.

    2018 and still many uninstallers are still programmed sloppy
    You must be a mind reader! I had actually recently uninstalled AI Suite and also noticed the left over Asus services. I've shifted my fan control from AI Suite to the Bios and we are lucky that the X Hero has a more advanced section for this as seen in the shot below...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180319203953.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	185340
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,699
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #206

    Kol12 said: View Post
    You must be a mind reader! I had actually recently uninstalled AI Suite and also noticed the left over Asus services. I've shifted my fan control from AI Suite to the Bios and we are lucky that the X Hero has a more advanced section for this as seen in the shot below...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180319203953.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	185340
    To nuke the services: AI Suite services cleaner.zip
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,830
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
       #207

    Cliff S said: View Post
    To nuke the services: AI Suite services cleaner.zip
    Thanks. I did reinstall Windows so they were nuked that way and I will be giving this motherboard fan control shot, so far it's works great. An accumulation of hardware monitoring software's is a recipe for disaster and AI Suite is known to be a strong offender.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #208

    AI Suite has always been a resource hog, always will be. I found that out a long time ago. :) You might like 1 or 2 of the apps, I suppose, like fan control or CPU overclocking, as some folks like those apps. I prefer not to use any of them myself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,699
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #209

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    AI Suite has always been a resource hog, always will be. I found that out a long time ago. :) You might like 1 or 2 of the apps, I suppose, like fan control or CPU overclocking, as some folks like those apps. I prefer not to use any of them myself.
    One can always set it not to load at boot so I have no problem there, and once the fans are set, and you create or use a profile and it is loaded, you can exit it, as the chosen profile is loaded to BIOS and then managed there.

    Then it uses absolutely not resources, and I can change fan profiles in a few clicks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	185346
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #210

    Cliff S said: View Post
    One can always set it not to load at boot so I have no problem there, and once the fans are set, and you create or use a profile and it is loaded, you can exit it, as the chosen profile is loaded to BIOS and then managed there.

    Then it uses absolutely not resources, and I can change fan profiles in a few clicks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	185346
    I knew you used the fan control app.....lol We have talked about Al Suite before.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I'm wondering if any system builders are using the Phanteks Enthroo Primo series fan controller with the Maximus X Code motherboard. I connected the Phanteks Fan Controller to CPU_OPT header but that header does not appear in BIOS. As such I...
Maximus VIII Gene Audio Issue in Drivers and Hardware
Whats up gents? So i am having an issue with the audio on my mobo. if i let my pc set for a long time or i put it in sleep without playing audio, when i get back to it and turn it back on, the audio is incredibly distorted and sounds horrible!...
Hey guys, I'm using Windows 10 64-bit Version 1607 and it got an automatic cumulative update yesterday KB3200970. The board is Maximus VII Formula with an i7 4790K and 16Gb RAM and an ASUS Strix GTX 1080. Following the update, I am having...
OK I have a question. I have a bunch of Win10 machines, six of them at the mo... Now what I want to do is put a new motherboard/CPU in my best machine, but I'll keep the harddrives and everything intact. I'll probably transfer C: to a new drive...
I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05.
Find Us