Bad News! Nessie is Sick! Solved

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       15 Feb 2018 #11

    That's a pretty good time frame. Good job. Be sure and tell them Nessie can do more than tread water and you expect the same in return. You'll have to change your user title from Nessie's guardian to Nessie's Funeral Director. Maybe Nessie's Executioner would be better.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       15 Feb 2018 #12

    essenbe said: View Post
    That's a pretty good time frame. Good job. Be sure and tell them Nessie can do more than tread water and you expect the same in return. You'll have to change your user title from Nessie's guardian to Nessie's Funeral Director. Maybe Nessie's Executioner would be better.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       15 Feb 2018 #13

    @Cliff S, maybe you can fix his sig to say "I killed the Loch Ness Monster"
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,459
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
    Thread Starter
       15 Feb 2018 #14

    Cliff S said: View Post
    For Nessie who will be missed:


    She is still working in my system as we speak but I will have to turn her off for the last time very soon to package her up in her box and send her south. Yes she will be missed but if her replacement is better then she will soon be a distant memory.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,459
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
    Thread Starter
       15 Feb 2018 #15

    essenbe said: View Post
    @Cliff S, maybe you can fix his sig to say "I killed the Loch Ness Monster"
    That would be so cool
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,450
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       15 Feb 2018 #16

    worf105 said: View Post
    She is still working in my system as we speak but I will have to turn her off for the last time very soon to package her up in her box and send her south. Yes she will be missed but if her replacement is better then she will soon be a distant memory.
    Now, that's true love and loyalty.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       15 Feb 2018 #17

    Poor poor Nessie, just got too hot, I guess
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    15 Feb 2018 #18

    RIP Nessie. My poor 580 is having issues as well. I have a warranty claim in with Dell due to I found it never getting over 1000MHz. That's one reason my old 970 is smoking it. My first reply from Dell was that they don't have any 580's in stock and would I settle for a 570 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB.........I want another Radeon beast.....The 1060 is a nice card but I want an all AMD rig.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,459
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
    Thread Starter
       15 Feb 2018 #19

    essenbe said: View Post
    That's a pretty good time frame. Good job. Be sure and tell them Nessie can do more than tread water and you expect the same in return. You'll have to change your user title from Nessie's guardian to Nessie's Funeral Director. Maybe Nessie's Executioner would be better.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       15 Feb 2018 #20

    Should Old GPU's be forgot,
    and overclocked upon;
    The flames and smoke extinguished,
    and fully burnt and gone:
    Is thy Nessie now grown so cold,
    that loving Beast of thine;
    That thou canst never once benchmark
    On old lang syne.


    CHORUS:
    On old lang syne my Ness,
    On old lang syne,
    That thou canst never once benchmark,
    On old lang syne.


      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Sick of ads in General Support
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of these stupid ads. I've got all notifications OFF and I still get these @#(*^%$ ads. I did a search and basically they talk about getting rid of ads from browsers.
Hi Ever since I installed windows 10 and I'm having those random issues after waking up from sleep / restart or shutdown. (fast startup disabled no difference) Those issues mainly are: 1- Files and folders disappearing despite their date...
I've had this ASUS laptop for less than a year and it's occurred to me that it's causing its own internet problems, because we have several other computers in the house, and none of them suffer from constant internet slowdown/droppage. Usually...
Hello and thanks for having me :chuckle: To cut a long story short my computer is now a brick, or potato etc etc :( It's stuck in a continuous blue screen death loop. I'm getting multiple fault messages, to name a few : Your PC ran into...
I have an older laptop that Windows itself says is not suitable for Win 10. It keeps trying to download it whenever I try to install Win 7 updates. I have uninstalled every update to Win 7 that is suppose to stop this, and made a change or 2 to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:14.
Find Us