2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 19044.1706
       #891

    Latest HWiNFO is available:

    Changes in HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 v5.86 - Released on: Jul-12-2018:

    • Fixed a possible collision with CPU-Z or CorsairLink on ASUS Ryzen systems.
    • Fixed a possible crash when monitoring multiple machines remotely.
    • Enhanced reporting of some sensors via ASUS WMI interface.
    • Disabled periodic polling of APIC timer clock (BCLK) on Windows 10 RS4 (1803) to avoid potential conflicts with OS.
    • Improved support of Intel Ice Lake.
    • Improved reporting of total memory size when SPD information is not available.
    • Added reporting of remaining battery time in sensors.
    • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS B450 series mainboards.
    • Added support of Fintek F71809 HW monitor.
    • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI B450 and Z390 series mainboards.
    • Enabled running under Windows 10 on ARM (preliminary).
    • Added detection of ES/production status for AMD Zen CPUs.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #892

    Tnx, just upgraded it few minutes ago.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 19044.1706
       #893

    I've flashed my MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon MB today with the latest BETA BIOS.

    "Support New Generation CPU!"
    2018 Hardware Thread-screenshot-17-.png
    The "8-core ratio" wording is now omitted from the BIOS file with only "Undefined" showing.
    2018 Hardware Thread-msi-beta-bios-2-.png
    2018 Hardware Thread-msi-beta-bios-3-.png
    2018 Hardware Thread-msi-beta-bios-1-.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #894

    @polo What is that AMIBCP program used for? Obtaining BIOS details from firmware files?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 19044.1706
       #895

    Kol12 said:
    @polo What is that AMIBCP program used for? Obtaining BIOS details from firmware files?
    It allows the viewing and editing of BIOS features.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #896

    Does that mean Intel decided to keep socket and chipset for next gen processors ?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 19044.1706
       #897

    CountMike said:
    Does that mean Intel decided to keep socket and chipset for next gen processors ?
    It certainly does look like it with clues from Intel's "accidental" leaked microcode document, various MB manufactures BIOS ROM's showing 8 core support and the rumor of Intel's 10nm process problems.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #898

    Polo6RGTI said:
    It certainly does look like it with clues from Intel's "accidental" leaked microcode document, various MB manufactures BIOS ROM's showing 8 core support and the rumor of Intel's 10nm process problems.
    Except for Threadripper, AMD is going other way, new Ryzen chips but with much lower power requirements. What's funny is that I found that out by looking at new BIOS for highest end and most expensive ROG Crosshair 7 motherboard in which it's hardly probable somebody would stick such processors in.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #899

    I thought there was something in the Z370 boards that indicated they wouldn't/couldn't support an 8 core CPU? Sorry I can't remember what it was, will have to dig it up.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #900

    CountMike said:
    Except for Threadripper, AMD is going other way, new Ryzen chips but with much lower power requirements. What's funny is that I found that out by looking at new BIOS for highest end and most expensive ROG Crosshair 7 motherboard in which it's hardly probable somebody would stick such processors in.
    Mike to get good info on the X470 & B450 BIOS and Boards, check out Buildzoids channel at YouTube: Actually Hardcore Overclocking
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrw...gk-FXHQ/videos

    He is an Extreme Overclocker but also one of the best reviewers when it comes to the Motherboard components, Gamers Nexus and JayzTwoCents, and Linus Tech Tips often get him to help out on some videos.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums