2018 Hardware Thread

Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
  1. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 12,552
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       14 Jan 2018 #71

    worf105 said: View Post
    Outstanding results Doug, Excellent chip you have and looking forward to you setting some great scores on these boards.
    Thanks Worf, really loving it. I am just about at 24hrs straight running 5Gs without having to worry about temps. Like my good friend Steve told me, I have to worry about pushing volts now, not temps
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,601
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       14 Jan 2018 #72

    worf105 said: View Post
    Outstanding results Doug, Excellent chip you have and looking forward to you setting some great scores on these boards.
    WORF, we haven't seen much from your chip in a while. I was hoping to see some action from you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    15 Jan 2018 #73

    I'm switching from Ryzen 1600x to 1700x today, two more cores and it being newer i hope for at least same OC if not some more. My 1600x is from one of first batches of Ryzen.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,601
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       15 Jan 2018 #74

    Mike, I'm not up on Ryzen, but haven't most reviewers said the 1600/1600X is better than the 1700x?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    15 Jan 2018 #75

    essenbe said: View Post
    Mike, I'm not up on Ryzen, but haven't most reviewers said the 1600/1600X is better than the 1700x?
    1600(x) are not better than 8/16 Ryzens, just more economical for games as 6/12 is more than enough. I got an offer Ican't refuse, direct switch for less than 50 bucks difference.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,601
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       15 Jan 2018 #76

    Sounds good to me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,458
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
       15 Jan 2018 #77

    Dude said: View Post
    Thanks Worf, really loving it. I am just about at 24hrs straight running 5Gs without having to worry about temps. Like my good friend Steve told me, I have to worry about pushing volts now, not temps
    Are you much the same as Steve in regards to the voltage and the like?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,458
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
       15 Jan 2018 #78

    essenbe said: View Post
    WORF, we haven't seen much from your chip in a while. I was hoping to see some action from you.
    Not much of a chip in my system and when running some benchmarks I am still limited by Nessie.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,601
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       15 Jan 2018 #79

    worf105 said: View Post
    Not much of a chip in my system and when running some benchmarks I am still limited by Nessie.
    Limited by Nessie? I wish I had those limits.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,458
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
       15 Jan 2018 #80

    essenbe said: View Post
    Limited by Nessie? I wish I had those limits.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Related Threads
2017 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums I was just watching the newest video from Gamers Nexus, and fell in love with that home made case:roflmao: 159146 By the way screenshot is 4K and makes a great wallpaper for GN fans:p
2018? in Chillout Room
A greeting to all members... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171231/38e4248e2be13b219cf3629dea6b67f9.jpg Happy New Year 2018 Lechaim! 🥂
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Solved Kaspersky 2018? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Kaspersky have suggested I install the 2018 version of Kaspersky Total Security due to a few minor issues I'm having - see https://support.kaspersky.com/13649 Has anyone used the 2018 version yet and what do you think of it?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:01.
Find Us