2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 4,556
    Windows 10 Pro
       #751

    slicendice said:
    It tells me and others who diagnose computers information that others don't know or don't know how to find information for. That's the whole purpose of the app in the first place.
    Agreed

    If you like to use it, that`s all that maters
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #752

    AddRAM said:
    Agreed

    If you like to use it, that`s all that maters
    It's simple without any extra fluff. :)
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #753

    slicendice said:
    It's simple without any extra fluff. :)
    I want all the "fluff" I can get, HW Info seems to have most details.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #754

    Question: Should this even be allowed to exist?
    Answer: Nope
    COMPUTEX2018 FROSTBIT | Research Idea Gear
    Dual Stacked Heatpipes
    Massive Cooling For M.2


    The Frostbit is the first aftermarket M.2 cooler with heatpipe technology. It’s Dual stacked heatpipes work cooperatively to form a massive heat dissipation surface. First the Ultra Thin Heatpipe spreads heat from components into the Primary Heat Spreader. The Secondary Heatpipe is then attached to draw heat futher into a large volume Heatsink.
    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png

    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #755

    Cliff S said:
    Question: Should this even be allowed to exist?
    Answer: Nope
    COMPUTEX2018 FROSTBIT | Research Idea Gear

    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png

    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png
    Why?

    An NVME-drive produces heat and the cooler design is brilliant. Catches the airflow and thus transferring the heat out of the case. I like it.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #756

    slicendice said:
    Why?

    An NVME-drive produces heat and the cooler design is brilliant. Catches the airflow and thus transferring the heat out of the case. I like it.
    Only the controller is heat sensitive, not the NAND, and if you have even half decent air flow, it should remain cool enough,

    Unless...

    You do very large file transfers between disks, all the time, like a 4K or larger video editing and transfer to storage.

    Otherwise this is just a waste of $$$.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #757

    Cliff S said:
    Only the controller is heat sensitive, not the NAND, and if you have even half decent air flow, it should remain cool enough,

    Unless...

    You do very large file transfers between disks, all the time, like a 4K or larger video editing and transfer to storage.


    Otherwise this is just a waste of $$$.
    Well, there you have it. ;-)
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #758

    slicendice said:
    Well, there you have it. ;-)
    Another thing that cause a lot of IO is when compiling huge application projects.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #759

    Huge but good looking. I used to have a small fan on mine but found it unnecessary.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 16,063
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #760

    Cliff S said:
    Question: Should this even be allowed to exist?
    Answer: Nope
    COMPUTEX2018 FROSTBIT | Research Idea Gear

    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png

    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png
    Im holding off for a AIO water cooler
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums