Windows 10: 2018 Hardware Thread

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Jan 2018 #41

    Not having any luck with activation so far
    Trouble-shooter canít activate and when I click ďI recently changed hardware on this deviceĒ
    I get the message below

    Unable to activate Windows
    We canít reactivate Windows because our servers arenít available at the moment. Wait for a few minutes, or try adding your Microsoft account again.
    Learn more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails troubleshooter.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Jan 2018 #42

    Everything is ok in device manager

    Iíll try installing asus own CD drivers, see what happens

    Better still I'll tackle the problem in the morning fresh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails device manager.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 976
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       11 Jan 2018 #43

    Here is a very long thread with problems using a motherboard like you have. (Intel DX58SO ) In it day '2008' it was one hellofa motherboard.

    I don't know the thread will help but their should be some helpful information.

    Grab drinks of your choice, it's very long.

    Win 10 RS-4 not compatible with Intel DX58SO motherboard - Windows 10 Forums

    Jack
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,465
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       11 Jan 2018 #44

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Thanks Cliff
    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Did you have them test it too?? what were the results Doug ....Hmmmmmm
    Yes, I had them bin it too. Doesn't show on my order so I will post what is says along with what I get
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Jan 2018 #45

    bordi said: View Post
    Not having any luck with activation so far
    Trouble-shooter can’t activate and when I click “I recently changed hardware on this device”
    I get the message below

    Unable to activate Windows
    We can’t reactivate Windows because our servers aren’t available at the moment. Wait for a few minutes, or try adding your Microsoft account again.
    Learn more


    Have you tried support? Slui command should do it for you

    Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Jan 2018 #46

    Layback Bear said: View Post
    Here is a very long thread with problems using a motherboard like you have. (Intel DX58SO ) In it day '2008' it was one hellofa motherboard.

    I don't know the thread will help but their should be some helpful information.

    Grab drinks of your choice, it's very long.

    Win 10 RS-4 not compatible with Intel DX58SO motherboard - Windows 10 Forums

    Jack
    Thanks mate, the tread starter seems like a nice man

    doorules said: View Post
    Have you tried support? Slui command should do it for you

    Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support
    Thanks mate; Iíll try that if I donít get any ware soon

    ------------------------------------------------------

    It wonít let me back into the insiders either

    Get insider preview builds, Get started, link account, continue, confirm, restart now and its back to get insider preview builds again over and over
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 18,895
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       12 Jan 2018 #47

    Hey guys, something really interesting:

    I wanted to create a profile with all overclocks off, and only XMP on(just for a fast basic starting point for when I start playing around in BIOS).
    Well in the screenshots, you can see everything is set to <Auto>, except XMP, AVX Instruction(set to 3), and LLC(set to 6)

    But when I run Validate in CPU-Z I still get around 5GHz
    Of course the speed stays lower when not under load, but I thought it should only boost to 4.7GHz when core freq is set to <auto>, as that is the 8700K's default boost.

    Maybe one of you other Maximus X owners, want to give it a try, and validate this finding?

    Intel Core i7 8700K @ 4996.35 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	172157

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093047.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	172151

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093115.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	172152

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093130.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	172153

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093153.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	172154

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093204.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	172155
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    12 Jan 2018 #48

    Activation all sorted with the help of Microsoft chat

    Lovely people
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,465
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       12 Jan 2018 #49

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Hey guys, something really interesting:

    I wanted to create a profile with all overclocks off, and only XMP on(just for a fast basic starting point for when I start playing around in BIOS).
    Well in the screenshots, you can see everything is set to <Auto>, except XMP, AVX Instruction(set to 3), and LLC(set to 6)

    But when I run Validate in CPU-Z I still get around 5GHz
    Of course the speed stays lower when not under load, but I thought it should only boost to 4.7GHz when core freq is set to <auto>, as that is the 8700K's default boost.

    Maybe one of you other Maximus X owners, want to give it a try, and validate this finding?

    Intel Core i7 8700K @ 4996.35 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	172157

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093047.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	172151

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093115.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	172152

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093130.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	172153

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093153.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	172154

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180112093204.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	172155
    Cpuz caches your runs, watch the speed while it runs it will show the lower speed, but the val will be different
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 18,895
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       12 Jan 2018 #50

    Dude said: View Post
    Cpuz caches your runs, watch the speed while it runs it will show the lower speed, but the val will be different
    Thanks for the tip Doug
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Related Threads
2017 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums I was just watching the newest video from Gamers Nexus, and fell in love with that home made case:roflmao: 159146 By the way screenshot is 4K and makes a great wallpaper for GN fans:p
2018? in Chillout Room
A greeting to all members... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171231/38e4248e2be13b219cf3629dea6b67f9.jpg Happy New Year 2018 Lechaim! 🥂
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Solved Kaspersky 2018? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Kaspersky have suggested I install the 2018 version of Kaspersky Total Security due to a few minor issues I'm having - see https://support.kaspersky.com/13649 Has anyone used the 2018 version yet and what do you think of it?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:21.
Find Us