2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #431

    Wonder if a desktop QNap would support those. I don't see why not...

    ...but what does such drive cost per TB?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #432

    slicendice said:
    Wonder if a desktop QNap would support those. I don't see why not...

    ...but what does such drive cost per TB?
    Too much. Even "normal" SSDs should have been much cheaper by now but demand for memory chips is keeping prices artificially high. I'm afraid such exotics are on the basis of "if you have to ask for price, it's not for you".
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #433

    Hi,
    Looks pretty interesting but this series card is insanely priced :)
    NVIDIA Announces RTX Technology: Real Time Ray Tracing Acceleration for Volta GPUs and Later
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #434

    CountMike said:
    Too much. Even "normal" SSDs should have been much cheaper by now but demand for memory chips is keeping prices artificially high. I'm afraid such exotics are on the basis of "if you have to ask for price, it's not for you".
    When it comes to running a business, no matter scale, price is ALWAYS relevant. If the math does not add up...It's called bad business.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #435

    slicendice said:
    When it comes to running a business, no matter scale, price is ALWAYS relevant. If the math does not add up...It's called bad business.
    When it come to serious business, it's called "Investment" but boy, would I like couple of those in RAID !!!
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #436

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Looks pretty interesting but this series card is insanely priced :)
    NVIDIA Announces RTX Technology: Real Time Ray Tracing Acceleration for Volta GPUs and Later
    Interesting...I remember Ray Tracing on my Amiga, over 20 years ago with stunning quality. What took them so long to get this far?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #437

    Hi,
    No telling but that long ago would of been a waste on 2d games :)
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #438

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    No telling but that long ago would of been a waste on 2d games :)
    Lol, for sure.

    ...but hey there existed 3D games already on Amiga 20 years ago. Nothing close to today's standards, but still pretty darn impressive, considering hardware at that time.

    This is also why I wonder what took the 3D hardware and content so long to get to the point it is today.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 14,571
    Windows 10 IoT
       #439

    Just got my second system with a Nordic nRF51822-QFAA-R rev 3, ARM Cortex-M0 16MHz 32 bit processor, 256kb Flash ROM, 16KB of RAM.
    Do you know what I bought? Having a little fun, hope nobody minds. :)
    It also has a 5x5 LED matrix and Bluetooth 4.1, accelerometer and magnetometer and a GPIO BUS. And no, its not a raspberry PI.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12,724
    Windows 11 Pro
       #440

    Too cold in Canada still?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums