2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #261

    OldMike65 said:
    That's one of those rare Intel/AMD chips, those are hard to find.....
    Actually, Intel is going to include AMD graphics in some new chips but this one ain't one of them.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 12,724
    Windows 11 Pro
       #262

    OldMike65 said:
    That's one of those rare Intel/AMD chips, those are hard to find.....
    The price is pretty reasonable. Don't tell the miners.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 123,226
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #263

    essenbe said:
    The price is pretty reasonable. Don't tell the miners.
    Far as I'm concerned Steve, they can have that chip... :)
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #264

    essenbe said:
    The price is pretty reasonable. Don't tell the miners.
    Europe is getting a short end of stick when it comes to pricing of computer components. US prices are without taxes, when pricing in Europe $USD is taken at par with Euro and than import and WAT is added according to country. In short, price ends up higher. Around here cheapest 1600x is 232Euro and goes all way up to 273. Average income is 450Euro a month.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #265

    OldMike65 said:
    Far as I'm concerned Steve, they can have that chip... :)
    Which one, Intel ????
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 123,226
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #266

    CountMike said:
    Europe is getting a short end of stick when it comes to pricing of computer components. US prices are without taxes, when pricing in Europe $USD is taken at par with Euro and than import and WAT is added according to country. In short, price ends up higher. Around here cheapest 1600x is 232Euro and goes all way up to 273. Average income is 450Euro a month.
    Not entirely true, as some places can charge you a State Tax when buying a part.....not all places thou.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #267

    OldMike65 said:
    Not entirely true, as some places can charge you a State Tax when buying a part.....not all places thou.
    I meant advertised prices sans tax. Also that's whole package, prices I quoted are just for processor.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 12,724
    Windows 11 Pro
       #268

    Yea, you guys have always advertised tax included and we have advertised before taxes. You guys are still more expensive after taxes, just not as much as it seems when comparing advertised prices.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 123,226
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #269

    CountMike said:
    I meant advertised prices sans tax. Also that's whole package, prices I quoted are just for processor.
    I bought some part that was in Europe ....Germany. Used pay pal, I was charged some funky tax charge, that didn't show up until next day on my bill. Because I bought it in Germany.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #270

    In Finland one can often simply convert a US price in Dollars to Euros by just changing $ to € leaving the number intact and then adding 24% VAT on top of that.

    What this means is that we pay 24-50% more for same product than in US. For MS products we pay 30% more + difference of conversion rate. Which means about 60% more for a Windows licence. :-(
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums