Windows 10: 2018 Hardware Thread

Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Jan 2018 #171

    Don't know what's up bud but that Titan is about 5 to 7% faster on average than mine. You should be leaving any 1080ti behind with ease. Unless you really got a dog of a gpu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,619
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       30 Jan 2018 #172

    Hi,
    Personally I believe 388.13 MS pushed it on my 10 install and it hasn't been the same since Steve showed he was using it and seems okay for him

    I was pretty close to where I though the titan should be performing about 1800 core on 385.69 and it just stopped and stuck at 1500 core after 388... installed

    Possibly NVidia and 3DMark for all I know it was on the free version
    But either way I have another week before I really have to send it back if I want too so I'll keep testing it :/
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. AddRAM's Avatar
    Posts : 2,089
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Jan 2018 #173

    I did not think that a driver had that much control over a GPU, my 1080 Ti has hit 2000+ MHz with every nvidia driver since I've gotten it.

    I haven't run any benchmarks with 390.77 yet with the 980 Ti`s or the 1080 Ti`s, as long as it games great, I`m good :)

    As long as you hit a great benchmark score with any driver, then I would think you have a good card.
    Last edited by AddRAM; 30 Jan 2018 at 23:55.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    31 Jan 2018 #174

    Over the last year I have been working for my IT lead in his personal IT consulting firm. I talked him into buying this AMD Ryzen Desktop for a new computer and he surprised me tonight by buying one for me! So excited to have a new Ryzen machine again. It's a prebuild but it's spec'd extremely well!

    Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X - 8GB AMD Graphics
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    31 Jan 2018 #175

    copiertech25 said: View Post
    Over the last year I have been working for my IT lead in his personal IT consulting firm. I talked him into buying this AMD Ryzen Desktop for a new computer and he surprised me tonight by buying one for me! So excited to have a new Ryzen machine again. It's a prebuild but it's spec'd extremely well!

    Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X - 8GB AMD Graphics
    Wow, a boss worth working for !!! That's a killer machine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    31 Jan 2018 #176

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    Personally I believe 388.13 MS pushed it on my 10 install and it hasn't been the same since Steve showed he was using it and seems okay for him

    I was pretty close to where I though the titan should be performing about 1800 core on 385.69 and it just stopped and stuck at 1500 core after 388... installed

    Possibly NVidia and 3DMark for all I know it was on the free version
    But either way I have another week before I really have to send it back if I want too so I'll keep testing it :/
    If you have been doing a lot of testing, with the errors that come with that, a clean install may fix you up. I know that I do them fairly regularly if I am spending much time O/Cing. Hard lockups and bsods take there toll.

    First you could try DDU to get rid of gpu driver and registry files , then reinstall gpu drivers and see where you are.

    Best of luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,121
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       31 Jan 2018 #177

    @doorules, have you ever tried a repair install instead of a clean install to clean up those errors? It will fix an awful lot of stuff and is waaaaay easier than a clean install.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    31 Jan 2018 #178

    essenbe said: View Post
    @doorules, have you ever tried a repair install instead of a clean install to clean up those errors? It will fix an awful lot of stuff and is waaaaay easier than a clean install.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 358
    Windows 10 Pro WS x64 17134.286
       31 Jan 2018 #179

    HWiNFO64 Download v5.72


    New version of HWiNFO64 available for download:

    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

    Changes:

    • Added recognition of AMD 400-series chipset.
    • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO.
    • Improved recognition of Bay Trail steppings.
    • Enhanced reporting of turbo ratio limits with fused and resolved values (BDX, SKX).
    • Added option to disable access to Corsair and some Asetek-based coolers.
    • Added recognition of some future AMD Vega and Navi GPUs.
    • Added NVIDIA Quadro V100.
    • Added reporting of GPU VRAM module model for some AMD GPUs.
    • Fixed enumeration of RAID drives on AMD Promontory chipsets.
    • Fixed disk activity sensor names on some RAID systems.
    • Enhanced preliminary support of Ice Lake-SP (ICX).
    • Fixed reporting of Total Memory Encryption feature status in summary.
    • Added reporting of active memory channels on AMD Zen.
    • Enhanced monitoring of Intel GPU video decode usage.
    • Fixed flickering of RTSS OSD in some applications with high framerates.
    • Added monitoring of Corsair H80i Pro, H100i Pro, H115i Pro and H150i Pro.
    • Improved enumeration of network adapters.
    • Enhanced support of AMD Starship, Matisse and Radeon RX Vega M.
    • Enhanced monitoring of new Intel Compute Card models.
    • Unified HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 packages (universal installer, combined portable).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,619
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       31 Jan 2018 #180

    essenbe said: View Post
    @doorules, have you ever tried a repair install instead of a clean install to clean up those errors? It will fix an awful lot of stuff and is waaaaay easier than a clean install.
    Hi,
    I usually clean install 1709 without an internet connection nothing faster :)
    I do still have an image with 1703 too that I restore back.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Related Threads
2017 Hardware Thread [2] in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Continued from - 2017 Hardware Thread - Windows 10 Forums I was just watching the newest video from Gamers Nexus, and fell in love with that home made case:roflmao: 159146 By the way screenshot is 4K and makes a great wallpaper for GN fans:p
2018? in Chillout Room
A greeting to all members... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171231/38e4248e2be13b219cf3629dea6b67f9.jpg Happy New Year 2018 Lechaim! 🥂
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Solved Kaspersky 2018? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Kaspersky have suggested I install the 2018 version of Kaspersky Total Security due to a few minor issues I'm having - see https://support.kaspersky.com/13649 Has anyone used the 2018 version yet and what do you think of it?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.
Find Us