2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1711

    Cliff S said:
    Here is a link that Steve gave me about positive pressure before: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.

    Cool thanks, I will some time to go through it properly.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #1712

    Kol12 said:
    Eh what do you mean?
    That screenshot from Gamers Nexus was an artifacting on the 2080 Ti card, and 20 series selling point is Ray Tracing(light rays and shadows).
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1713

    Cliff S said:
    That screenshot from Gamers Nexus was an artifacting on the 2080 Ti card, and 20 series selling point is Ray Tracing(light rays and shadows).
    Ah I see that's some colorful artifacting! So is this artifacting affecting all Nvidia Turing chips or just 20 series? I take it this is an issue with the Nvidia GPU's themselves rather than AIB partners board designs?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #1714

    Kol12 said:
    Ah I see that's some colorful artifacting! So is this artifacting affecting all Nvidia Turing chips or just 20 series? I take it this is an issue with the Nvidia GPU's themselves rather than AIB partners board designs?
    It's actually only a very small percent of the founder's edition based cards and partner cards using the founders edition design(as opposed to custom cards).

    But failure rates are not any higher than any previous generations, just being they are so damn expensive, the customers with problems expected better, and of course are being more vocal than usual.

    In some cases it might not be the GPU chips themselves, but could be vRAM or the power delivery(MOSFETs, or some other phase component).

    The BSODs have been fixed with the latest driver update though(mostly cause by multi monitor setups).
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #1715

    For Gigabyte fans, the new naming scheme:

    2018 Hardware Thread-image.jpg
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4,557
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1716

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Yeah those are cool
    How do they keep the center logo still while the fan is spinning

    They have a weird 5 pin plug on them though and have to have the controller don't you

    The center hub is held in place via Magic Thermaltake will only give you the proper spell after you`ve spent a certain amount of money on their product.

    The controller comes with it, whether you buy just the fans or a radiator, I laid it out 1st and got everything how I wanted it, then did the install, it took some time but it was well worth it.

    The Corsair H115i was already in place so I just swapped the fans without removing the radiator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018 Hardware Thread-img-6.jpg   2018 Hardware Thread-img-8.jpg   2018 Hardware Thread-img-2.jpg   2018 Hardware Thread-tt-riing-plus-280-radiator-3-pack-riing-plus-fans.jpg  
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1717

    Cliff S said:
    It's actually only a very small percent of the founder's edition based cards and partner cards using the founders edition design(as opposed to custom cards).

    But failure rates are not any higher than any previous generations, just being they are so damn expensive, the customers with problems expected better, and of course are being more vocal than usual.

    In some cases it might not be the GPU chips themselves, but could be vRAM or the power delivery(MOSFETs, or some other phase component).

    The BSODs have been fixed with the latest driver update though(mostly cause by multi monitor setups).
    Thanks for the info Cliff. Yeah it usually is more Vram and that sort of thing that cause artifacting. I'm interested to know, what partner cards are using the founders edition design?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 4,557
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1718

    I don`t think anyone else will copy/sell nvidia`s model. I don`t know, nvidia may have shot themselves in the foot with this design

    GeForce RTX 2080 Graphics Card | NVIDIA

    Even when they did, those Founder`s Edition cards were shipped from nvidia and the board partner (EVGA for example) just slapped their label and a serial number on it.

    About 2 or 3 months ago, I saw some EVGA 1080 Founder`s Edition cards in stock, I was pretty surprised, so I asked them and that`s exactly what they told me.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 123,316
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1719

    AddRAM said:
    I don`t think anyone else will copy/sell nvidia`s model. I don`t know, nvidia may have shot themselves in the foot with this design

    GeForce RTX 2080 Graphics Card | NVIDIA

    Even when they did, those Founder`s Edition cards were shipped from nvidia and the board partner (EVGA for example) just slapped their label and a serial number on it.

    About 2 or 3 months ago, I saw some EVGA 1080 Founder`s Edition cards in stock, I was pretty surprised, so I asked them and that`s exactly what they told me.
    There is no difference between those boards in my opinion, all the same spec's Has been like forever....
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 123,316
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1720
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums