2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #1651

    Something new from der8auer(and Caseking).
    For motherboards that do not have a debug number code LED, and only those damn small LED lights with very small text.
    der8auer Port80 Debug-Anzeige | CASEKING.de

    P80DB1L LPC Port 80 debug card | | ElmorLabs

      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1652

    doorules said:
    Looks like a 10 year old did it.
    Or like if Salvador Dali painted it.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1653

    doorules said:
    Looks like a 10 year old did it.
    Hi,
    Experience wise I believe a 10 year old redid it

    But yeah my bad most the lm was built up on one side very odd :/
    Looks like there could of been some reaction going on to on the cap in the center of it
    I'll have to open it back up in a couple months and see if it got worse or not
    Wonder what Intel makes the caps out of and what type of lm sl uses ?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 26,338
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       #1654

    Re my post above about the Universal Debug-LED card:


    Some motherboards that have a Q code LED(or debug code), have it in a really bad place at the4 bottom.
    On my In Win303 that has fans at the bottom, if I used a motherboard that has the debug code on the bottom of the board, I couldn't see the code, so this would be nice using the longer cables to place it where I could see the code.

    Or on other boards it's in the middle on the far right, but if one is running SLI, NV Link, or Crossfire, it is blocked too.
    Show less
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1655

    Hi,
    Yeah everyone needs something to show 00 code which is a dead board
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 123,223
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1656

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Experience wise I believe a 10 year old redid it

    But yeah my bad most the lm was built up on one side very odd :/
    Looks like there could of been some reaction going on to on the cap in the center of it
    I'll have to open it back up in a couple months and see if it got worse or not
    Wonder what Intel makes the caps out of and what type of lm sl uses ?
    Don't know if this helps you any Mike, but I asked SL what they used and this is what they told me in the email they sent me.

    We do not use Kryonaut paste, we use Conductonaut liquid metal. We've sold thousands of delidded CPUs over the past four years without reports of thermal degradation over time, so it shouldn't need to be delidded again.
    Silicon Lottery
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1657

    Hi,
    Yeah from what I've read conductonaut LM is good but is not a forever product
    I got the same 1000's of cpu blah... but no mention of what, thought it was a trade secrete
    Thanks for that though good to know it's one of the least likely to cause any reaction it just hates aluminum like all LM does.

    There was another LM that is supposed to age better but it escapes me with it is. cool laboratory ?


    Well all of this is just to give a heads up if anyone sees core temps on some cores spike you'll know why
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 123,223
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1658

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Yeah from what I've read conductonaut LM is good but is not a forever product
    I got the same 1000's of cpu blah... but no mention of what, thought it was a trade secrete
    Thanks for that though good to know it's one of the least likely to cause any reaction it just hates aluminum like all LM does.

    There was another LM that is supposed to age better but it escapes me with it is. cool laboratory ?


    Well all of this is just to give a heads up if anyone sees core temps on some cores spike you'll know why
    Mine have always been pretty darn good, and should even get better after today. I am getting a new AIO cooler from Corsair today. They just released this new model last week. Fan speeds are Much higher, and they have made improvements in the new pump head. I'll know sometime later today after I install it.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1659

    Hi,
    I'll give it to corsair they have excellent warranties

    Yeah not sure who bought at what time and all but I've have my chip delided by sl for about a year and it started going south a couple months ago.
    Redoing the sl delid wasn't ideal but was killing me as to what was going on.
    Inquiring minds wanted to know and the 7820 pretty much showed what had to be done to see if redoing the delid would help or hurt my 7900x
    I think it helped but it is early I'm just now starting to push it a little.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 4,556
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1660

    OldMike65 said:
    Mine have always been pretty darn good, and should even get better after today. I am getting a new AIO cooler from Corsair today. They just released this new model last week. Fan speeds are Much higher, and they have made improvements in the new pump head. I'll know sometime later today after I install it.
    What model cooler did you order ?


    I was on the fence about getting a 99XXX, but now I think I`ll sell the 7900X and get one, I would think Intel would do a better job with the TIM than SL

    Will just have to wait til it comes out and people post some reviews.

    Or just buy the kit and delid the 7900X myself.

    https://rockitcool.myshopify.com/pro...akex-kabylakex
    Last edited by AddRAM; 07 Nov 2018 at 09:42.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums