2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1191

    It's interesting that the RTX2080Ti is 55% faster than GTX1080Ti in Wolfenstein II. This tells me how badly most games are optimized.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2,062
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #1192

    ThrashZone said:
    What was more interesting is the statement 8700k was a bottle neck
    I think he was saying with a 2080 TI AND at 1080P he thinks the CPU would be a bottleneck and would need to be oced.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,062
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #1193

    slicendice said:
    It's interesting that the RTX2080Ti is 55% faster than GTX1080Ti in Wolfenstein II. This tells me how badly most games are optimized.
    Sniper Elite 4 is considered by many to have the best DX12 implementation of any game out there. RTX 2080 vs 1080 ti, no difference in performance.


    2018 Hardware Thread-sniperelite4.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1194

    Maybe driver optimization should betaken into account, judging by past experience at least 6 month will pass until drivers are properly developed and than starts: game - drivers - game - drivers......... optimization.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1195

    @specialkone

    2018 Hardware Thread-rtx_wolfenstein2.png


    The full review:
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1196

    CountMike said:
    Maybe driver optimization should betaken into account, judging by past experience at least 6 month will pass until drivers are properly developed and than starts: game - drivers - game - drivers......... optimization.
    Naah, the issue in most games is that they are far from optimized. Most game engines don't use half of the features that the new RTX cards will enable over 50% more performance. Add DLSS to that and the RTX2080Ti FE is going to perform twice as fast as current after market GTX1080Ti:s.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1197
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1198

    As long as we don't have mass adoption of RTX (mainly DLSS) supported games and game engines, I would not recommend buying neither of the new RTX cards, unless you absolutely MUST get the best performance possible at 4K and money is no issue. Bare rasterization performance does not justify the price difference between the GTX10-series and RTX20-series cards.

    Either way, I'd still wait for the pre OC:ed partner card benchmarks to see what these cards can really do.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 12,724
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1199

    slicendice said:
    As long as we don't have mass adoption of RTX (mainly DLSS) supported games and game engines, I would not recommend buying neither of the new RTX cards, unless you absolutely MUST get the best performance possible at 4K and money is no issue. Bare rasterization performance does not justify the price difference between the GTX10-series and RTX20-series cards.

    Either way, I'd still wait for the pre OC:ed partner card benchmarks to see what these cards can really do.
    3 hours long



    Long story short: +200 on the core and +1005 on the memory
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1200

    Hi,
    Funny curiosity eats the cat
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums