2018 Hardware Thread


  1. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1081

    stormy13 said:
    Oh but they did,

    Intel740 - Wikipedia
    Stone age doesn't apply .
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1082

    stormy13 said:
    Oh but they did,

    Intel740 - Wikipedia
    Lol, that card was a complete disaster. Why did they even bother to release that in the first place? The successor got canceled before it even got released to the public. Intel came to their senses and realized in time that people don't buy any crap they push out.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 123,224
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1083

    How many of you guys ran OS2 Warp ....I ran it for about 2 years I think....
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1084

    OldMike65 said:
    How many of you guys ran OS2 Warp ....I ran it for about 2 years I think....
    About 2 weeks and had more than enough of it.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 123,224
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1085

    CountMike said:
    About 2 weeks and had more than enough of it.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1086

    So what are you 1080 Ti (and other) owners thinking about the RTX 2080 Ti? Are the new features Ray Tracing etc worth the upgrade?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 123,224
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1087

    I'm gonna wait, and let other folks buy it.....and see how they like it 1st. I'm in no hurry.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,976
    Windows 11
       #1088

    OldMike65 said:
    I'm gonna wait, and let other folks buy it.....and see how they like it 1st. I'm in no hurry.
    Yeah early days, still have enough power for now.. The Ray Tracing kind of came from no where, at least for me anyway. Was it known Nvidia was planning Ray Tracing in these new cards or was it one big surprise? The Ray Tracing itself might be a reason to upgrade if enough game titles get it on board. There are already a few upcoming titles supporting it but I would like to see it's performance first.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1089

    Kol12 said:
    Yeah early days, still have enough power for now.. The Ray Tracing kind of came from no where, at least for me anyway. Was it known Nvidia was planning Ray Tracing in these new cards or was it one big surprise? The Ray Tracing itself might be a reason to upgrade if enough game titles get it on board. There are already a few upcoming titles supporting it but I would like to see it's performance first.
    Ray Tracing did not come as a surprise for me. The nVidia Optix library has had decent Ray Tracing capabilities on 10-series and newer cards for quite some time already. It was only a matter of time before they would dedicate a Ray Tracing architecture in the mainstream GPUs for gaming.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,710
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #1090

    Hi,
    Yeah at the core and memory clock they show that's pretty much a pitiful score
    2018 Hardware Thread-image.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums