1.    3 Weeks Ago #1
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Suffolk
    Posts : 11
    windows 10 Pro

    Samsung All Share Download ?


    Hi, I have a new HP laptop running W10 Pro 64bit. I am trying to get the laptop to connect wirelessly to my Samsung Smart TV to view photos etc. The Tv runs Samsung All Share. Does anyone know if their is a safe download I can put on the laptop Havn't had much luck as yet....unless someone knows another way to go ??.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    3 Weeks Ago #2
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,232
    Mac OS Sierra

    All share is only for Samsung gear. Try VLC. As long as you have the libraries with media shared, all are in the Public folder, the firewall does not block the RTSP ports, you do not have the media password protected, you should see up in the Inputs the computer or use Plex even for media sharing. Plex does a way better job than having to run Windows Media Player or VLC all of the time.

    I have a Synology DS216+2 NAS that I run PLEX on. I had to upgrade the RAM to allow for better media sharing. Go that route instead of the computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    3 Weeks Ago #3
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts : 439
    Win10 Home x64 - 1709

    Hey Badger100,
    When I got my new Vizio Smart Tv, I couldn't figure out how to show media on it from my PCs. Turned out it all I had to do was use "Cast to Device" by right clicking on a media file (image,music,video) which did a search and added a NFLC Media Renderer (the name may be different for you) .... which also shows up in File Explorer > Network > Media Devices.

    Note: If it doesn't find anything when you do "Cast to Device" ... open Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or Other Devices and in the popup window choose Everything Else and hopefully it will find and set it up.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    3 Weeks Ago #4
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Suffolk
    Posts : 11
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    All share is only for Samsung gear. Try VLC. As long as you have the libraries with media shared, all are in the Public folder, the firewall does not block the RTSP ports, you do not have the media password protected, you should see up in the Inputs the computer or use Plex even for media sharing. Plex does a way better job than having to run Windows Media Player or VLC all of the time.

    I have a Synology DS216+2 NAS that I run PLEX on. I had to upgrade the RAM to allow for better media sharing. Go that route instead of the computer.
    Thanks for your reply. I do have VLC media player. But cannot seem to work out how to cast to my TV...could you do a step by step for me please ?.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    3 Weeks Ago #5
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Suffolk
    Posts : 11
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle51 View Post
    Hey Badger100,
    When I got my new Vizio Smart Tv, I couldn't figure out how to show media on it from my PCs. Turned out it all I had to do was use "Cast to Device" by right clicking on a media file (image,music,video) which did a search and added a NFLC Media Renderer (the name may be different for you) .... which also shows up in File Explorer > Network > Media Devices.

    Note: If it doesn't find anything when you do "Cast to Device" ... open Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or Other Devices and in the popup window choose Everything Else and hopefully it will find and set it up.
    Hi,,,and thanks for your reply. You were right I do have cast to device...and it does sort of work. If I right click on a single photo it does open up on my TV in about a quarter frame size. I can use the media player on the TV to magnify X2 to make full TV frame size. If I right click on a folder of photos ...again quarter size and plays a slideshow slowly. The WMP controls for next/last photo do not seem to do anything ?. Are their settings somewhere where I can improve the performance ?. I warn you I am not very savvy with PC's so make any instructions as clear as you can please. Many thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    3 Weeks Ago #6
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 424
    Windows 10

    post #5
    In that case it's the TV software that displays the pictures the range of Zoom, slide show etc is controlled by that.
    My TV seems to be limited to a zoom of x2 at the most (described as Zoom and Crop) and won't show really large images, a limitation of the TV software.
    You don't have to use Cast to, you can just navigate with the TV via Network to Laptop, and the Media folders and do it that way.
    In both cases it's the TV software that is limiting the display.

    You can obviously use the Laptop to ensure every photo is in the displayable range of the TV.

    My old notes for Samsung AllShare (with Sony TV) state "Works to some extent though software seems very unresponsive, not at all on some things."
    Not worth finding. There other Media servers like Windows Media Player and others.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    3 Weeks Ago #7
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,232
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger100 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I do have VLC media player. But cannot seem to work out how to cast to my TV...could you do a step by step for me please ?.
    You would use Plex. VLC can be used as a Server, you just need to read up on it in the information with the program. You should start by actually learning how to use the program by using it and getting to know it. That is how all of us have taught ourselves, instead of having others hold our hands.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: Samsung unveils new gaming PC - the Samsung Notebook Odyssey
Source: CES 2017: Samsung unveils new gaming PC the Samsung Notebook Odyssey - Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Samsung SmarThru Office v2 - Samsung not trusted as a signer
Trying to install Samsung SmarThru office V2 for my printer/scanner, but Windows 10 reports the signer of the executable is not trusted, I downloaded from the Samsung website and the signer is shown as Samsung. There seems to be no way to bypass...
Software and Apps
Samsung data migration cannot recognize my Samsung SSD 840 EVO
Like you, I encountered source disk bad sectors error when cloning with Samsung migration software. Resolved by using EaseUS Tool to clone.
Drivers and Hardware
Solved SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode
Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! :p 39391
Performance & Maintenance
Can't Download Pictures From Samsung Galaxy S2 Android to Windows 10
I tried to download some Pictures from my Samsung Galaxy S2 android Phone to my new install of win10, and now I can't find them anywhere. I HAD win 7 before, & every time I downloaded Pictures, a little icon of a "drive" would flash in my bottom...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums