Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Jul 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    No internet connection after upgrade


    Hi,
    I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable.

    All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine.

    When I run the troubleshooter it flags up "There may be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Adapter"

    Digging further, it seems the issue is "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter"

    Looking at Services, I found the Wired AutoConfig and WLAN AutoConfig services weren't running were set to Manual. I changed these to Automatic and rebooted, but still no joy.

    The network adapter is an Intel 82652V-2 10/100 and Device Manager says it's working normally and the driver is up to date.

    Apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious, but can anyone point me in the right direction please?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Jul 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    I have just about the same problem. Except I am on a Surface Pro 3. Also to note there are no adapters under the network connections under the control panel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Jul 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    I am having the same issue. I am on a Surface Pro 3 as well and I am unable to connect to my wifi. There isn't even an option to connect to a wifi network. There are no adapters listed under the network connections. When I checked system compatibility, there was no issue. I was not told that my network adapter wouldn't be compatible. The only available options are for a wired connection but the Surface Pro 3 doesn't have an Ethernet connection and therefore no option for a wired connection. There is literally no possible way for me to connect to my network. I basically have an extremely expensive paperweight. And I'm seeing this Error code:0xC004F034 in the Update & Security section of the settings group saying "This software licensing service reported that the license could not be found or is invalid". I have no idea what this means. The only thing listed under Network Adapters in the Device Manager is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller. According to Windows, this device is working properly. Except it absolutely is not! If there's no fix for this soon I am going to have to go back to Windows 8.1 since I have the option for the next 29 days. It's not as pretty as Windows 10 but at least I was able to connect to my wireless network.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Jul 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc30 View Post
    I am having the same issue. I am on a Surface Pro 3 as well and I am unable to connect to my wifi. There isn't even an option to connect to a wifi network. There are no adapters listed under the network connections. When I checked system compatibility, there was no issue. I was not told that my network adapter wouldn't be compatible. The only available options are for a wired connection but the Surface Pro 3 doesn't have an Ethernet connection and therefore no option for a wired connection. There is literally no possible way for me to connect to my network. I basically have an extremely expensive paperweight. And I'm seeing this Error code:0xC004F034 in the Update & Security section of the settings group saying "This software licensing service reported that the license could not be found or is invalid". I have no idea what this means. The only thing listed under Network Adapters in the Device Manager is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller. According to Windows, this device is working properly. Except it absolutely is not! If there's no fix for this soon I am going to have to go back to Windows 8.1 since I have the option for the next 29 days. It's not as pretty as Windows 10 but at least I was able to connect to my wireless network.
    I reverted back to 8.1 and trying the install again this time with no docking station. Dont know if that is an issue but giving it a shot anyway. Also did notice that the bluetooth adapter is gone as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Jul 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by polo2883 View Post
    I reverted back to 8.1 and trying the install again this time with no docking station. Dont know if that is an issue but giving it a shot anyway. Also did notice that the bluetooth adapter is gone as well.
    How did you originally install? I did the free upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Jul 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc30 View Post
    How did you originally install? I did the free upgrade.
    I did the Windows Upgrade. But my Surface was docked to the docking station with a bunch of other accessories attached. This time I am only using a mouse and the surface keyboard to do the install over wireless.

    I am hoping this install will work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Jul 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    I have the exact same problem. Updated from a fully working 8.1 on a desktop computer with an Intel I217-V onboard LAN controller and also tried two different USB WLAN dongles. All adapters have the exact same IP protocol stack problem. Googling for hours now, tried all "resetting solutions" I coud find up until now, NONE worked.

    What I noticed, however: directly after boot the Network icon in the taskbar shows "Internet access". It takes some seconds to get the yellow exclamation mark (on 8.1 it was the other way round, it often needed some seconds to switch from yellow to working for me). So I strongly assume that some late-starting program/service blocks the Network stack. Any idea how to investigate this further?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jul 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    tried installing without docking station and same issue. Still not network connections
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Jul 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Looking at other forums. Do you guys also have a cisco VPN client installed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Jul 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    So someone over at a surface pro forums stated uninstalling the cisco vpn client when in windows 8.1 then upgrading seems to fix the network problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No internet connection after 10130 update
Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the...
Network and Sharing
Win 10 update on a slow,metered internet connection ?
I have not seen this question on here so far. It sounds like the upgrade will be sent by MS at their will. How would a 2-3 gig download work on a slow,metered connection. I wonder if there will be some other way? I have to do large downloads...
Installation and Upgrade
No internet connection after latest update on 10074
3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various...
Network and Sharing
Solved Explorer + no internet connection
Today i turned on my pc and the explorer.exe error appeared, i refreshed the screen and the icons appeared , but the start button didn't work , i tried to make troubleshoot but nothing... the worst part is that i can't acces the internet. Is there a...
General Support
Internet connection shuts off automatically
I installed Windows 10 on my alienware machine, if i have 3 or more web pages open, connections shuts off. like its on a metered connection, but it is not. this is driving me crazy need a solution please
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums