Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Jul 2015 #51
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    I had both the anywhere client and IPSec previously installed. However this was removed prior to the upgrade to windows 10, still had the same problem.

    I reverted back to Windows 8.1 (which was a very fast process, took no longer than 10mins, I walked away from the pc and came back to it being on the login screen).

    I did a few things, ran CC Cleaner to remove any old registry referenced.

    Run an admin cmd, used the command pnputil.exe -e which lists all driver packages and I found the below:
    Published name : oem19.inf
    Driver package provider : Cisco Systems
    Class : Network adapters
    Driver date and version : 11/20/2009 5.0.7.1
    Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

    I used "pnputil.exe -d oem19.inf" to remove it, and rebooted.

    I then searched the registry and deleted any keys referencing cisco vpn. I'm not sure if this was necessary but I didn't want to have to revert back again afterwards.

    Did the windows 10 upgrade again, and it works.

    Hope this helps people
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    30 Jul 2015 #52
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10 home

    Success! Downgraded to W8.1, uninstalled Cisco VPN Client, upgraded to W10 again and voila!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    30 Jul 2015 #53
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan223 View Post
    I had both the anywhere client and IPSec previously installed. However this was removed prior to the upgrade to windows 10, still had the same problem.

    I reverted back to Windows 8.1 (which was a very fast process, took no longer than 10mins, I walked away from the pc and came back to it being on the login screen).

    I did a few things, ran CC Cleaner to remove any old registry referenced.

    Run an admin cmd, used the command pnputil.exe -e which lists all driver packages and I found the below:
    Published name : oem19.inf
    Driver package provider : Cisco Systems
    Class : Network adapters
    Driver date and version : 11/20/2009 5.0.7.1
    Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

    I used "pnputil.exe -d oem19.inf" to remove it, and rebooted.

    I then searched the registry and deleted any keys referencing cisco vpn. I'm not sure if this was necessary but I didn't want to have to revert back again afterwards.

    Did the windows 10 upgrade again, and it works.

    Hope this helps people

    DAN...MY MAN...thanks for the post. I will definitely try it...as I have Cisco VPN loaded...but I'm still at work and won't get home for another 3 hrs or so...will post back my findings...keepin' fingers crossed it works.

    Thanks again. This has been the best board so far on this issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    30 Jul 2015 #54
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Seligman View Post
    Success! Downgraded to W8.1, uninstalled Cisco VPN Client, upgraded to W10 again and voila!
    Seligman..so nice to hear...I'll try it later and post here for sure...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    30 Jul 2015 #55
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    Win 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by curtisimo View Post
    Have you installed the VPN client after upgrading to Windows 10? I have to have the VPN so if it simply doesn't work with Windows 10 I'm stuck on 8.1
    Nope...not going to try. I really don't need it on my home PC...but I'm assuming there is/will be a version that is compatible w/ Win10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Jul 2015 #56
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkahle View Post
    Nope...not going to try. I really don't need it on my home PC...but I'm assuming there is/will be a version that is compatible w/ Win10.
    Jared, like you I won't try as I don't need VPN for my home PC either, but someone named Tools44 on previous page seemed to have given a great solution and apparently it's working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    30 Jul 2015 #57
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 7

    So, just a quick update from my end. I got my ethernet connection to work. I got the upgrade download and ready for install. Went into device manager and uninstalled the driver for my ethernet network. Started upgrade and voila, internet working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    30 Jul 2015 #58
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10

    Checking in. I cannot connect to the internet at all on Windows 10. I will browse this thread and hopefully find a SIMPLE solution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    30 Jul 2015 #59
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan223 View Post
    I had both the anywhere client and IPSec previously installed. However this was removed prior to the upgrade to windows 10, still had the same problem.

    I reverted back to Windows 8.1 (which was a very fast process, took no longer than 10mins, I walked away from the pc and came back to it being on the login screen).

    I did a few things, ran CC Cleaner to remove any old registry referenced.

    Run an admin cmd, used the command pnputil.exe -e which lists all driver packages and I found the below:
    Published name : oem19.inf
    Driver package provider : Cisco Systems
    Class : Network adapters
    Driver date and version : 11/20/2009 5.0.7.1
    Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

    I used "pnputil.exe -d oem19.inf" to remove it, and rebooted.

    I then searched the registry and deleted any keys referencing cisco vpn. I'm not sure if this was necessary but I didn't want to have to revert back again afterwards.

    Did the windows 10 upgrade again, and it works.

    Hope this helps people
    I tried this in the command prompt and got the following error message:

    "Deleting the driver package failed :One or more devices are presently installed using the specified INF."

    How do I fix this??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    30 Jul 2015 #60
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    PSA that might hopefully give someone some help. My internet was working fine yesterday after my install. Today it was not working. I tried everything and was going to roll back to 8.1, uninstall my VPN, and reupgrade like other users here.Turns out it was Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. I uninstalled that out of sheer frustration and my internet is working again. I hope this might save at least one person from having to go through the pain of rolling back and reinstalling!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No internet connection after 10130 update
Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the...
Network and Sharing
Win 10 update on a slow,metered internet connection ?
I have not seen this question on here so far. It sounds like the upgrade will be sent by MS at their will. How would a 2-3 gig download work on a slow,metered connection. I wonder if there will be some other way? I have to do large downloads...
Installation and Upgrade
No internet connection after latest update on 10074
3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various...
Network and Sharing
Solved Explorer + no internet connection
Today i turned on my pc and the explorer.exe error appeared, i refreshed the screen and the icons appeared , but the start button didn't work , i tried to make troubleshoot but nothing... the worst part is that i can't acces the internet. Is there a...
General Support
Internet connection shuts off automatically
I installed Windows 10 on my alienware machine, if i have 3 or more web pages open, connections shuts off. like its on a metered connection, but it is not. this is driving me crazy need a solution please
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums