Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)


    So it just happens 100% random out of no where and I get this error:

    (note i ripped this image off google but this is the exact thing that happens)
    Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)-image.png

    so I found TWO temporary fixes.

    One: unplug router / modem for 10 sec and replug

    Two: Go to the network settings and disable the ethernet (note I am connected via ethernet cable, 100% wired)
    Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)-image.png

    disable it

    Enable it BUT i have to enable it about 30 times before it enables.

    When it's enabling, it doesn't enable, it shows the message that it's enabling and I refresh the background and it's still disabled. I have to keep enabling until it randomly works (if anyone knows why I have to keep enabling it 30 times for it to actually enable please let me know)


    why does my internet randomly stop on my PC? it works fine on other devices while its not working on my PC and it takes forever to enable the ethernet after i disable it.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #2

    bump
      My Computer

  3. ArazelEternal's Avatar
    Posts : 336
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #3

    First off, can you update your system specs with all available info, please? This will go a long way to helping us help you.

    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

    Second, have you tried updating the drivers for your ethernet hardware?

    IMHO, this sounds like a hardware issue. Of course, try updating the drivers first, this may help fix the issue.

    Other things that may help is taking care of any system file corruption.

    Start off by opening a admin command prompt and typing: sfc /scannow. If you have system files that are corrupted, this should fix it.

    After that, type: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. This will fix any component store corruption.

    Then, type: chkdsk C: /scan. If this comes up with errors, type: chkdsk C: /F /R. IT will ask to schedule the scan for the next restart. Say yes, then restart and let it do the scan.

    There are a multitude of issues that can be fixed by these three simple steps.
      My Computers

  4. rvbfan's Avatar
    Posts : 8,578
    Windows 10 Home x64 Windows 10 Prox64
       #4

    Make sure the device you are using isn't set to turn off device to save power.
      My Computer

  5. spunk's Avatar
    Posts : 2,832
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 20H2
       #5

    In your pic you have 2 Ethernet internet devices. Ethernet 2 looks like it is your device you use to connect to the internet with.
    Under Network Adapters, right click Ethernet 1 and choose to Disable it. See how that works.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #6

    ArazelEternal said:
    First off, can you update your system specs with all available info, please? This will go a long way to helping us help you.

    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

    Second, have you tried updating the drivers for your ethernet hardware?

    IMHO, this sounds like a hardware issue. Of course, try updating the drivers first, this may help fix the issue.

    Other things that may help is taking care of any system file corruption.

    Start off by opening a admin command prompt and typing: sfc /scannow. If you have system files that are corrupted, this should fix it.

    After that, type: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. This will fix any component store corruption.

    Then, type: chkdsk C: /scan. If this comes up with errors, type: chkdsk C: /F /R. IT will ask to schedule the scan for the next restart. Say yes, then restart and let it do the scan.

    There are a multitude of issues that can be fixed by these three simple steps.


    GPU: gtx 1070
    CPU: intel i7 6700k
    MOBO: ASRock Z170 Pro4S (CPUSocket)
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit


    Second, have you tried updating the drivers for your ethernet hardware? No I haven't, how and where would I do that?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    spunk said:
    In your pic you have 2 Ethernet internet devices. Ethernet 2 looks like it is your device you use to connect to the internet with.
    Under Network Adapters, right click Ethernet 1 and choose to Disable it. See how that works.

    Ethernet 1 is my main internet. The other ehternets are VPNs
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #8

    rvbfan said:
    Make sure the device you are using isn't set to turn off device to save power.
    How would I change that?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)-image.png


    aInternet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)-image.png whats wrong

    Hey guys! I figured out how to update it

    Hopefully it fixes it, will report results
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 103
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #10

    dInternet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)-image.png

    update didnt work, internet still randomly goes out.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums