1.    27 Apr 2017 #1
    Join Date : May 2016
    FL, USA
    Posts : 147
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit

    Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep


    Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 - Microsoft Community
    Been looking all over for a solution & there is none.
    There is no power management tab in the driver properties.
    Worked fine until the upgrade to 1703.
    Many reports on the Feedback Hub.

    Must be in sleep for a certain period of time, don't know how long.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Apr 2017 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 4,480
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Comp Cmndo View Post
    Been looking all over for a solution & there is none.
    There is no power management tab in the driver properties...
    I had this problem after installing Creators Update, well, almost the same problem - I was failing to reconnect after resuming from hibernate rather than sleep.

    I reconnect reliably now in 1703. I went into Device Manager, looked at the Properties of my Wireless Network Adapter and on its Power Management tab turned ON 'allow the computer to turn of this device to save power' (I'd had it unticked in 1607). I had in fact found the same fix as given in your link.

    Are you looking in the right place for the Power Management? It should be in the Properties for the Wireless Network Adapter, not those of the Driver.


    Edit: I've just tried to follow the route to this setting as described in that link. It's a horribly complicated way to get there and took me several attempt to find it using their suggested method. It's far easier to find the power management setting using Device Manager. Just open Device Manager, find your WiFi adapter under 'network adapters' and double-click on it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WiFi power management.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	132476
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    29 Apr 2017 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    window 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    23 Jun 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 1
    Windows10

    Dell Inspiron was not connecting automatically at start up after Creator update. Followed your directions, and now all is well. Seems to solve a few connection problems. Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jun 2017 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Pembrokeshire, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,470
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Jreader View Post
    Dell Inspiron was not connecting automatically at start up after Creator update. Followed your directions, and now all is well. Seems to solve a few connection problems. Thanks.
    I'm going to try this as since the update even though the wireless icon was lit I wasn't connected after starting the computer in the mornings whereas I was before. I just used to click on the crossed out icon on the notification area and then click on the Network and Internet settings which brought up the list of connections around with my router top of the list. I'd just click on it and then connect and I'd be connected for the rest of the day, even if I did a restart.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    25 Jun 2017 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Pembrokeshire, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,470
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Bree View Post
    I had this problem after installing Creators Update, well, almost the same problem - I was failing to reconnect after resuming from hibernate rather than sleep.

    I reconnect reliably now in 1703. I went into Device Manager, looked at the Properties of my Wireless Network Adapter and on its Power Management tab turned ON 'allow the computer to turn of this device to save power' (I'd had it unticked in 1607). I had in fact found the same fix as given in your link.

    Are you looking in the right place for the Power Management? It should be in the Properties for the Wireless Network Adapter, not those of the Driver.


    Edit: I've just tried to follow the route to this setting as described in that link. It's a horribly complicated way to get there and took me several attempt to find it using their suggested method. It's far easier to find the power management setting using Device Manager. Just open Device Manager, find your WiFi adapter under 'network adapters' and double-click on it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WiFi power management.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	132476
    Just done your fix of clicking the box about turning off the computer to save battery, we'll see what happens when I turn this machine on in the morning, I'll be back to update this thread tomorrow.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jun 2017 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Pembrokeshire, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,470
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free

    Success! it worked, turn on this morning and I was connected as I should be. Who would have thought a tick in a box could solve a frustrating problem, thanks to Bree for providing the solution.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jun 2017 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 4,480
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
    Success! it worked, turn on this morning and I was connected as I should be. Who would have thought a tick in a box could solve a frustrating problem...
    It's counter-intuitive, you'd have thought it would work best the other way round. Glad to have helped.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    24 Aug 2017 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Wisconsin
    Posts : 1
    windows10

    Mine is off-checked, just as in the graphic, above. I also have update 1703. I still have random connectivity issues. Toshiba Satellite P755-S5387.
    This is frustrating me! If the * stays in the wifi icon, I have to connect manually. AND it is on-checked for auto-connect.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Anniversary to Creator update fails with 0x80070652?
So, I have a problem on 1 machine. With the upgrade assistant the update stops with error code 0x80070652 Running from usb drive from windows it looks okay and reboots a few times, but at the last step it just shuts off. After restarting theres a...
Installation and Upgrade
Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi
Hello, as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible". to bypass this issue i have to go...
Network and Sharing
Solved Can I get Windows 10 to automatically connect to WiFi?
I have a preferred WiFi Connection, but Windows 10 seems to require that I manually connect to it. How can I make this automatic? In case it matters, I use an ethernet connection too, and run both, because they are different subnets each with...
Network and Sharing
Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep
Having an issue on my wife's hp laptop. Upgraded it to windows 10 and ever since it won't ever connect to WiFi when waking until I click on the icon in the , select my network, and hit connect. Even has the connect automatically box checked and it...
Network and Sharing
Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG
Event log shows numerous information event 5010 at same time system will not connect to any Wifi device, although Wifi networks show in list. Error is in module netwlv32.sys. Issue generally occurs after waking from sleep but sometimes at random...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums