Can't get Panasonic Viera TV to recognize home wifi?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 274
    windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #11

    First, got to say that you and your colleagues really help folks like me. I very much appreciate your efforts and guidance.
    I'm sending you the requested info via a PM as I'm just not sure whether or not the info should be public???
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #12

    flycaster said:
    First, got to say that you and your colleagues really help folks like me. I very much appreciate your efforts and guidance.
    I'm sending you the requested info via a PM as I'm just not sure whether or not the info should be public???
    No problem. Thanks, we try the best we can here. :)

    I see your pm.

    Please go into the settings for your TV, and do some manual settings. Not sure what all you can do...
    IP setting mode--manual
    IP address--10.0.0.20
    Subnet Mask--255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway--10.0.0.1
    DNS setting mode--automatic

    Try the connection test.
    Note that the IP address is usually dynamic and assigned by your modem/router, so you may be able to get it connected without entering that one. But you've got to tell the TV that your default gateway (your router/modem) is at 10.0.0.1 and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. It's quite possible that the modem/router will assign an IP address to the TV once you tell the TV where to go to ask for it. Does that make sense?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 274
    windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Ugh, didn't work. Was able to manually put in the info into IP and Gateway; however when IP mode is in manual and after I enter the info, DNS mode can't be put into automatic...it stays manual. And, when I then run the connection test, if fails and nothing is entered into the DNS mode.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #14

    flycaster said:
    Ugh, didn't work. Was able to manually put in the info into IP and Gateway; however when IP mode is in manual and after I enter the info, DNS mode can't be put into automatic...it stays manual. And, when I then run the connection test, if fails and nothing is entered into the DNS mode.
    For DNS settings, try Google
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

    or OpenDNS
    208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

    I was thinking about this earlier - not sure what increments your modem/router assigns IP addresses, so maybe try 10.0.0.21 if "20" doesn't work. Some assign in multiples of 10, some just +1 increments. If you try to assign an IP address that's already assigned to something else, you could run into difficulty. Just have to play around with that last octet.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 274
    windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #15

    simrick said:
    For DNS settings, try Google
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

    or OpenDNS
    208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

    I was thinking about this earlier - not sure what increments your modem/router assigns IP addresses, so maybe try 10.0.0.21 if "20" doesn't work. Some assign in multiples of 10, some just +1 increments. If you try to assign an IP address that's already assigned to something else, you could run into difficulty. Just have to play around with that last octet.
    I'll try those setting later in the day. But to give a little more info that might be helpful:

    When running the first set of numbers you suggested (with IP mode manual and DNS mode manual-as i couldn't make it automatic when I in automatic,) the error message was "Unable to set IP correctly." Also, when running IP mode in automatic (with your settings there but greyed out, no gateway setting showing, and DNS greyed with no settings showing,) I got the original message...homenetwork OK, can't access IP, check connections and settings.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #16

    You're sure this thing has a wireless network adapter in it? Because if it doesn't ask for the SSID, it's not trying to connect wirelessly. That tells me it's looking for a wired connection. I have a Panasonic (older model) and am unable to get a wired connection to it from my router because they are in different rooms. So I had to set up an AP (Access Point), and then hard-wire from there to the TV. Some people have wireless DVD/BD players, which they use to then send the signal to the TV.

    I can't find anything in your user manual that says it has a wireless network adapter.

    Can't get Panasonic Viera TV to recognize home wifi?-image.png

    They show you need a repeater on this page. Do you have one of those in your setup? (page 29)
    Last edited by simrick; 28 Apr 2017 at 08:28.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 379
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit
       #17

    It's a Comcast (Xfinity) gateway 3-in-1. All customers that have phone are required to rent this because it also contains an EMTS (phone) & router (wired & wireless) & modem.
    I've tried to configure them before but they can be stubborn.
    I don't have their phone so have my own modem & router.
    Gateway address is 10.1.10.1
    SSID & password are printed on the Gateway.
    Set Up Your Wireless Gateway and Connect Your Wireless Network
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #18

    Comp Cmndo said:
    It's a Comcast (Xfinity) gateway 3-in-1. All customers that have phone are required to rent this because it also contains an EMTS (phone) & router (wired & wireless) & modem.
    I've tried to configure them before but they can be stubborn.
    I don't have their phone so have my own modem & router.
    Gateway address is 10.1.10.1
    SSID & password are printed on the Gateway.
    Set Up Your Wireless Gateway and Connect Your Wireless Network
    Thanks for that info - I figured it was that model. :)
    But, from his computer configuration, his gateway is 10.0.0.1.
    Still, if his TV is not looking for an SSID, and the instructions show wired connection only - he's never gonna connect wirelessly, unless he has an AP/Repeater, or some other way to get a wired connection to the ethernet port on the TV.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 379
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit
       #19

    simrick said:
    ...from his computer configuration, his gateway is 10.0.0.1...
    That's an address they usually use for business & not home, but looks like they now use it for home.
    It's Comcrap, their install techs know almost nothing. I watched one take over 3 hrs to plug in & configure one of these gateways, there was no wiring necessary. When he left, it still didn't work right.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #20

    Comp Cmndo said:
    That's an address they usually use for business & not home, but looks like they now use it for home.
    It's Comcrap, their install techs know almost nothing. I watched one take over 3 hrs to plug in & configure one of these gateways, there was no wiring necessary. When he left, it still didn't work right.
    I believe you!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums