Syncing Lumia (640) and PC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19,240
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1

    Syncing Lumia (640) and PC.


    Is there a way to force syncing phone and PC, mainly People APP ? Sync is activated on both devices but it may take days to actually do it. Both are activated on same hotmail account and signed in.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #2

    CountMike said:
    Is there a way to force syncing phone and PC, mainly People APP ? Sync is activated on both devices but it may take days to actually do it. Both are activated on same hotmail account and signed in.
    Did you get this resolved, Mike? It should sync upon opening any app on PC or phone.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 19,240
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter
       #3

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Did you get this resolved, Mike? It should sync upon opening any app on PC or phone.
    No, still nothing, had People for instance opened at same time on both devices. , Added people, changed data and names, edited entries and nothing.
    It's 15063-11 on PC and 10.0.15063.2 on the phone. Same hotmail account and both signed in, even on same router. There should be something like "Sync now button".
    There is an option to reset People APP but I'm afraid it may leave me without any contacts.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #4

    CountMike said:
    No, still nothing, had People for instance opened at same time on both devices. , Added people, changed data and names, edited entries and nothing.
    It's 15063-11 on PC and 10.0.15063.2 on the phone. Same hotmail account and both signed in, even on same router. There should be something like "Sync now button".
    It may be an MS server problem. There are sync options in the/your apps' menus, yes?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 19,240
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter
       #5

    HippsieGypsie said:
    It may be an MS server problem. There are sync options in the/your apps' menus, yes?
    Yes and they are all enabled.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #6

    CountMike said:
    Yes and they are all enabled.
    Thanks, but what I meant was do the "sync now" buttons on the menu bar in the apps? Do those work? Here's mine on WP10.

    I remember early on in WP8 having a sync problem. It worked itself out after few days. Thought maybe it was a MS server problem.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #7
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 19,240
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter
       #8

    HippsieGypsie said:
    No, don't have that option at all.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #9

    CountMike said:
    No, don't have that option at all.
    Do you have 8 or 10? If you have 8, if I remember right, those are in the 3-bar hamburger menu.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 265
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #10

    CountMike, I had this problem once and I remember having to actually log out of the email account. Delete the email account from the computer i.e. outlook or the email app and NOT from outlook.com. Then recreate the email account (with the app in question i.e. outlook or the email app), and everything I had started to sync again. In theory, you shouldn't lose any contacts as they are on MS Servers. But as we always preach here on this forum...make a backup first.

    I believe @HippsieGypsie is right about just waiting it out too. But on that note...mine have been syncing just fine over the last couple of days.

    Anyway, good luck and let us know what you find.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums