Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    03 Apr 2017 #11
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter

    As I said before, It's 15063-11 on PC and 10.0.15063.2 on the phone all signed in on same hotmail account where everything worked right for over a year. Syncing was almost instantaneous, not many entries were changed. It was easier for me to change on the PC and just let it sync at first opportunity (when I log the phone in with WiFi to my router). I don't have a problem with it if it wouldn't sync automatically and had to force it but I can't see a way to force it either.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    03 Apr 2017 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,699
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    As I said before, It's 15063-11 on PC and 10.0.15063.2 on the phone all signed in on same hotmail account where everything worked right for over a year. Syncing was almost instantaneous, not many entries were changed. It was easier for me to change on the PC and just let it sync at first opportunity (when I log the phone in with WiFi to my router). I don't have a problem with it if it wouldn't sync automatically and had to force it but I can't see a way to force it either.
    Sorry that I overlooked your OSs earlier.

    In the wake of new changes in Outlook.com, did you receive an email concerning this: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...6-e79454ac5eb3

    You probably have checked already, but you may want to check your credentials in your devices' account again to make sure all is good.

    As far as no menu bar with sync buttons is concerned, I'm baffled on that one. Perhaps phone screen size? Mine is a Lumia 1520 with a 6 inch screen. All in all, there should be a sync button somewhere.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    03 Apr 2017 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter

    Hmmm, that's possible fix for PC not phone, PC is OK and I use just mail APP. Nowhere on the phone can I find that symbol.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    03 Apr 2017 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,699
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Hmmm, that's possible fix for PC not phone, PC is OK and I use just mail APP. Nowhere on the phone can I find that symbol.
    Yes, the phone would be a different animal. Have you checked on your phone Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts > Your account > Manage?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    03 Apr 2017 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter

    On the phone. I deleted hotmail account and that left me only with contacts from SIM card. Connected again with my hotmail account and it synced People contacts as they were but not with contacts on the PC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    03 Apr 2017 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,699
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    On the phone. I deleted hotmail account and that left me only with contacts from SIM card. Connected again with my hotmail account and it synced People contacts as they were but not with contacts on the PC.
    Don't know about the SIM card unless you mean as it relates via cell provider. Everything is backed up and synched from Outlook.com server. I think that's what you need to get straightened out. I have to go to work. I'll be back later. Good luck.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    03 Apr 2017 #17
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Don't know about the SIM card unless you mean as it relates via cell provider. Everything is backed up and synched from Outlook.com server. I think that's what you need to get straightened out. I have to go to work. I'll be back later. Good luck.
    Yes SIM card is what phone service provider gives you, insert in the phone and you get mobile (cell) phone service. It can store up to 99 phone numbers with addresses and whatever is there. Can also use 3G internet service with it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    03 Apr 2017 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,699
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Yes SIM card is what phone service provider gives you, insert in the phone and you get mobile (cell) phone service. It can store up to 99 phone numbers with addresses and whatever is there. Can also use 3G internet service with it.
    LOL. I can be confusing at times. What I meant was I don't know about your SIM card when it comes to your contacts. I know what a SIM card is. I don't go that route with my cell provider.

    Assuming you are using an MS account to sign into devices > emails, contacts, account info, backup data, map favorites, device descriptions, and any other apps' or devices' data is all stored and all comes from MS servers via your MS account. I'm sure I'm not telling a seasoned user like you anything new about the cloud.

    I think somewhere along the line the authorization to those servers got corrupted. Does everything look ok in your MS account online? Do your devices show up there and are they trusted?

    Still baffled that you don't have sync buttons somewhere.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    04 Apr 2017 #19
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    LOL. I can be confusing at times. What I meant was I don't know about your SIM card when it comes to your contacts. I know what a SIM card is. I don't go that route with my cell provider.

    Assuming you are using an MS account to sign into devices > emails, contacts, account info, backup data, map favorites, device descriptions, and any other apps' or devices' data is all stored and all comes from MS servers via your MS account. I'm sure I'm not telling a seasoned user like you anything new about the cloud.

    I think somewhere along the line the authorization to those servers got corrupted. Does everything look ok in your MS account online? Do your devices show up there and are they trusted?

    Still baffled that you don't have sync buttons somewhere.
    You assumed everything right, and all is just like that, just no stupid Sync button in People APP. Just not syncing with same APP on the PC. It used to be almost instant a while back. I wasn't changing anything for some time and only recently noticed the problem. On the PC, People APP includes contacts from Skype and Outlook and that was also synced to phone some time ago but now that connection is broken. Maybe it will get fixed when Creators update is released for both.
    One of the reasons I chose Windows phone is easy cooperation with PC, could never get that right with Androids. Whats even crazier, my old phones with Symbian were working super with XP on the PC. Almost tempted to reactivate my old Sony-Ericson Cyber-shot. I have interconnect base and everything for it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    04 Apr 2017 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,699
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    @CountMike

    I mislead you on the sync button. That was in my phone's Outlook mail app. There are sync buttons in some apps like Weather and some others, but not one in People. Of course that should sync automatically. I added a contact on my PC and it synched instantly to my phone.

    Do all other apps sync for you?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Lumia updates
Is there a place where I can see a list of 'Windows mobile' updates and their contents relevant to the Lumia 550 phone? Thankyou.
Windows Updates and Activation
Mobile Windows 10 Mobile Firmware Updates for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL
702920183493455872 Source: Windows 10 Mobile Firmware Updates 2016/02/25 - Microsoft Community
Windows 10 News
Going the distance: The long-lasting power of Lumia 950 and Lumia 950
Source: Going the distance: The long-lasting power of Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL | Microsoft Devices Blog
Windows 10 News
What's The ETA For Windows 10 on Lumia Phones?
Does anyone know if there's an ETA for when Win 10 RTM will be rolling out on supported Lumia phones?
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums