Windows 10: Windows 10 connects to my old 2.4ghz network instead of 5ghz Solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    19 Mar 2017 #11

    bro67 said: View Post
    It may be a hidden item in Device Manager under Network Devices. You should not have four profiles.
    what should i look for in device manager?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 617
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       19 Mar 2017 #12

    Cerawy said: View Post
    I get a error message that says priority order for profile is not changed.. it also shows that i have 4 diferent profiles which seems completely unecessary... option two doesnt work either because windows simply just re-checks the connect automatically button after unchecking it..
    Are you talking about network profile's. I would see which one might be causing you problems.

    In an administrator's command prompt type or paste this
    Code:
    netsh wlan show profiles
    If you want to delete one use this command in an administrator's command prompt.
    Code:
    netsh wlan delete profile name="[PROFILE NAME]"
    I would probably delete all the profile's and start over with a clean slate, Then connect to the 5 GHz network.

    Make another profile for the 5 GHz network with the priority if it does not work as expected
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,474
    Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5
       20 Mar 2017 #13

    brainvision said: View Post
    if your router has that option you could also deny access to 2.4 to the MAC address of your wireless device
    If you deny the MAC on a Gateway, it will deny it from being able to connect, regardless which radio is the one that you want it to connect. Those that use MIMO for faster Wireless-N and Wireless-ac, use both radios at the same time with at least three channels for faster speeds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Mar 2017 #14

    sml156 said: View Post
    Are you talking about network profile's. I would see which one might be causing you problems.

    In an administrator's command prompt type or paste this
    Code:
    netsh wlan show profiles
    If you want to delete one use this command in an administrator's command prompt.
    Code:
    netsh wlan delete profile name="[PROFILE NAME]"
    I would probably delete all the profile's and start over with a clean slate, Then connect to the 5 GHz network.

    Make another profile for the 5 GHz network with the priority if it does not work as expected
    I just did that.. so now it only shows one profile which is the 5 ghz network.. so far so good
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 68
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 14393.1066 (RS1)
       20 Mar 2017 #15

    bro67 said: View Post
    If you deny the MAC on a Gateway, it will deny it from being able to connect, regardless which radio is the one that you want it to connect. Those that use MIMO for faster Wireless-N and Wireless-ac, use both radios at the same time with at least three channels for faster speeds.
    I guess you're right, I remember my router had such an option but I checked and there's no way to deny/allow on one frequency only, so I have to assume that my post was wrong, sorry!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    20 Mar 2017 #16

    As your router obviously has 5, i'd go to device manger >> open the Advanced tab for the driver, check to see if you can just pick 5Ghz.

    Roy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails w10c.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    23 Mar 2017 #17

    hawkman said: View Post
    As your router obviously has 5, i'd go to device manger >> open the Advanced tab for the driver, check to see if you can just pick 5Ghz.

    Roy
    It says i can choose between 802.11g/b and 802.11a
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    23 Mar 2017 #18

    Then your looking at the wrong line,
    see my highlighted.

    Roy
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    23 Mar 2017 #19

    Im looking at prefered band which is what you highlited with your screengrab
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    23 Mar 2017 #20

    NO thats WIRELESS mode. NOT preferred band
    screenpost advanced

    Roy
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Related Threads
    disable 2.4ghz network in Network and Sharing
    is it possible to disable my old 2.4ghz network? windows randomly connects me to my old 2.4ghz network instead of my 5ghz network sometimes and it lags like crazy..
    Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost...
    Hello, Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have. I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ ...
    windows 10 cant see 5ghz network in Network and Sharing
    hello, i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing.. the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know whay.. when i used the windows 7, its show me the 5ghz network, but not when im using the windows...
    Any ideas on this? AC600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Archer T2U - Welcome to TP-LINK Worked fine in Windows 8.1
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:39.
    Find Us