Windows 10: Any Network Monitor Tool? Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    02 Jan 2017 #11

    jk22 said: View Post
    So how can I suspend the connection from my laptop ?
    Which router is it? , many have a web driven menu interface which you access by going to 192.168.1.1 and logging on using the admin logon/password.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       02 Jan 2017 #12

    Wullail said: View Post
    Which router is it? , many have a web driven menu interface which you access by going to 192.168.1.1 and logging on using the admin logon/password.
    Modem Name: Kasda

    Yes it have UI and I can login into it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Jan 2017 #13

    Have a look at the options and see if there is a MAC filter option , I'm also assuming your wifi is protected using a WPA2 password key as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       03 Jan 2017 #14

    Wullail said: View Post
    Have a look at the options and see if there is a MAC filter option , I'm also assuming your wifi is protected using a WPA2 password key as well.
    I cant see anything here.


    Yes its protected with WPA2.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Jan 2017 #15

    Is this a router you own or one from your ISP? I have found that ISP modem/routers don't give you much in the way of configuration options as compared to routers you buy yourself. That being said, if this is something you are very concerned with, I would invest in your own router and then handle the security through it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 492
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       03 Jan 2017 #16

    Wullail said: View Post
    This is true , but blacklisting and a decent WPA2 password on the router is a reasonable and quick way to take precautions , the OP hasn't stated why he needs to block , it might just be a neighbour piggybacking on his broadband, not a hacker.
    That was not for the OP you were the one said he needed to Blacklist which I pointed out to you was useless and is a waste of time that will only give the OP a false sense of security. In the future do not pass this advice to other user's or friends, It was not true when router manufactures tried to convince users 20 years ago and it is not true today. The only people who believe it are people that have a flaw in their common sense gene.

    The OP asked for a tool to monitor WiFi connection's suspened any connection from pc or iphone --- I posted what I use to monitor my network near the top of this thread.

    As for being able to disconnect someone that is connected to the OP's WiFi with a program that is running in Windows as far as I know there are none.

    Now if the OP is running Linux it is pretty trivial if he has another or unused WiFi card or USB WiFi to send a deauthentication command to end the connection.

    The makers of a Android network scanning program called Fing have created a box that connects to your router that they say will automatically disconnect rouge computers from your network. It's called FingBox and whether it works or not I do not know for sure but I believe it is possible.

    Last edited by sml156; 03 Jan 2017 at 19:02.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       04 Jan 2017 #17

    DeaconFrost said: View Post
    Is this a router you own or one from your ISP? I have found that ISP modem/routers don't give you much in the way of configuration options as compared to routers you buy yourself. That being said, if this is something you are very concerned with, I would invest in your own router and then handle the security through it.
    I am using ISP Modem and the Modem Company is KASDA.
    sml156 said: View Post
    That was not for the OP you were the one said he needed to Blacklist which I pointed out to you was useless and is a waste of time that will only give the OP a false sense of security. In the future do not pass this advice to other user's or friends, It was not true when router manufactures tried to convince users 20 years ago and it is not true today. The only people who believe it are people that have a flaw in their common sense gene.

    The OP asked for a tool to monitor WiFi connection's suspened any connection from pc or iphone --- I posted what I use to monitor my network near the top of this thread.

    As for being able to disconnect someone that is connected to the OP's WiFi with a program that is running in Windows as far as I know there are none.

    Now if the OP is running Linux it is pretty trivial if he has another or unused WiFi card or USB WiFi to send a deauthentication command to end the connection.

    The makers of a Android network scanning program called Fing have created a box that connects to your router that they say will automatically disconnect rouge computers from your network. It's called FingBox and whether it works or not I do not know for sure but I believe it is possible.

    I am using Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 492
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       04 Jan 2017 #18

    jk22 said: View Post
    I am using ISP Modem and the Modem Company is KASDA.


    I am using Windows 10.
    The only thing I can suggest is to use AES encryption if all of your devices support it and change the password on a regular basis.

    Scan your network every once in a while when your bored or have nothing to do and if you notice that instead of 2 devices you have 3 -- change your password.

    If you scan your network after that and find you have 3 devices instead of 2, it's either your password scheme is weak or your router has a vulnerability and you should turn WiFi off and get another router for your WiFi.

    Most ISP's do not care about security the only thing they care about is that you pay them every month. They will give you the cheapest box that works and make it easy as possible to connect devices to their network.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 122
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       04 Jan 2017 #19

    sml156 said: View Post
    The only thing I can suggest is to use AES encryption if all of your devices support it and change the password on a regular basis.


    Scan your network every once in a while when your bored or have nothing to do and if you notice that instead of 2 devices you have 3 -- change your password.

    If you scan your network after that and find you have 3 devices instead of 2, it's either your password scheme is weak or your router has a vulnerability and you should turn WiFi off and get another router for your WiFi.

    Most ISP's do not care about security the only thing they care about is that you pay them every month. They will give you the cheapest box that works and make it easy as possible to connect devices to their network.
    Okay.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
What do you guys recommend for this purpose? Anything to avoid?
I'm still using Spybot 1.6.2 - only for TeaTimer, but its a resource hog. I do like it for monitoring the registry and such. Is there a free lightweight tool I can use to replace TeaTimer? Thx!! I currently use for security: Avast free...
I'm looking for a network tool in Network and Sharing
It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor,...
I have this weird taskbar/toolbar on my 2nd monitor it just gets in the way and can't find any kind of setting to deal with it.
Hi, can you all recommend me a tool that will help me monitor my CPU and GPU temperature? Previously on 7 I used to use gadgets but I no longer want to use them or they cannot be used with Windows 10 either. I also want to monitor my bandwidth....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27.
Find Us