Windows 10: shared printer to homegroup, unknown user appeared
shared printer to homegroup, unknown user appeared
not sure what category this falls under. i went to add my printer to another computer. i pressed Share Homegroup. now i see this unknown user has access to all my docs. how can i delete this?
Welcome to the forum what is the users name?
Yes rayann562, welcome to 10F!
I'm not sure you would want to delete it, just yet; It may be an account created for your printer within the Homegroup, and to print any document in the group, the printer would need access to those documents.
- Is "unknown user" your term or is it named Account unknown?
- When you say: "this unknown user has access to all my docs", can you see this unknown user under the security tab from one of these .docs, what type of access is checked off for it, complete, read and execute, print?
- Does it have a security identifier (SID) like S-1-5-21-3xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx8-xxxx0xxxxx-1000, the numbers between 21 and 1000 are identifiers for your user account, the ones we need are the S-1-5-21 and the suffix-1000, the 21 and 1000 may be different but if you know them, post them.
- One way to find the SID is, open an elevated CMD prompt and copy/paste/type, then Enter:
C:\Windows\system32>wmic useraccount get name,sid
- Want to know the profiles on your network? enter this in an elevated prompt:
Netsh WLAN show profiles
- To see more CMDs type: netsh ? at the prompt.
If you look at this output from the command line, you will see that Homegroup has an associated group/user account named HomeGroupUser$. This is probably what you're seeing and it's a completely normal consequence of setting up and using a homegroup.
The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the...
What I'm trying to do doesn't sound complicated but I'm really stumped.
I want to set up a home network (a desktop and other tablets/laptops) and set up some of the drives on the Desktop PC (NOT individual folders) as shared which can then be...
Hi to all.
I am having an annoing problem with shared printers.
The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the...
I have two Windows 10 Pro x64 machines - say, A and B - connected into a home network. Both machines have two interactive user accounts registered on them: Admin (member of Administrators) and Bob (member of Users). On both machines user names are...
Client uses a HP 1515 series printer/scanner connected to a desktop via USB and shared. The printer does not print from the laptop to the share - it initializes a print job and seems successful but NO page coming from printer.
After lots a trail...