Account closed as requested
Your wifi adapter may be disabled:
- in bios (probably not if it works in ubuntu)
- in device manager (already checked as you said but select Show Hidden Devices)
- by Airpane button (already checked as you said but switch it on and off)
- in Control panel - Networks & sharing - Change adapter settings
- by Lenovo Hotkey Utility (Fn+F8 on my Thinkpad, may be some other key)
- by Power Scheme (try Maximum Performance)
- somewhere else...
Check again all the options above, then your System log, MSinfo - components - network - adapter, ipconfig /all, HWinfo from CPUID... Also you may create disk image and try clean installation, then revert to previous state.