Windows 10: wifi settings difficulties

  1.    22 Apr 2016 #1

    wifi settings difficulties


    Symptoms:
    1)Under one user account, wifi settings are not preserved. If I run
    ms-settings:network
    and select "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice for "Manage known networks".
    2)Under a second user account, I cannot see wifi choices at all. If I run
    ms-settings:network
    I get:
    ms-settings:network
    package could not be registered

    Any help is appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 509
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Apr 2016 #2

    You have to check the check box Connect automatically and then it will remember the password, You can uncheck it if you want anytime after you connect and it will still remember the password.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    23 Apr 2016 #3

    sml156 said: View Post
    You have to check the check box Connect automatically and then it will remember the password, You can uncheck it if you want anytime after you connect and it will still remember the password.
    This doesn't work. There's something wrong with my OS, as is evident from the other symptoms. I can't "forget" a network (or remember it).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 509
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       23 Apr 2016 #4

    Not sure if you know what I mean, You have put the password in for both accounts

    When you connect to the Wifi do you see this

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connect wifi.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	76413
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    23 Apr 2016 #5

    sml156 said: View Post
    Not sure if you know what I mean, You have put the password in for both accounts

    When you connect to the Wifi do you see this

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connect wifi.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	76413
    I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I see that but when I log out (or reboot or hibernate) it does *not* connect automatically. Something having to do with wifi settings is broken. Here is what the *entire* bottom of my wi fi settings looks like:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    23 Apr 2016 #6

    zephyrus said: View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I see that but when I log out (or reboot or hibernate) it does *not* connect automatically. Something having to do with wifi settings is broken. Here is what the *entire* bottom of my wi fi settings looks like:
    This is what it *should* look like (from another machine):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected -...
Hi 10 Forums ! I have a kind of big problem with 10 Pro. My problem was "ok" in 8/8.1 Pro. As title says, I would like to give WiFi priority over ethernet. Why ? You may ask, I'm using laptop as a hyper-v machine ( prepare migrations from...
I have Windows 10 Home, fully updated. My next-door neighbor rents his cable modem from Time Warner, so there's an open network called TWC Wifi (and also a Cable Wifi). I have never manually connected to this network, and it doesn't show up in...
Hi All, See pic below. I'm using Windows 10. I installed the latest version of VirtualBox (and the VBox Extension Pack) and restarted. Then my wifi didn't work (had a small red x in the System Tray icon). See pic. I had to set these as my wifi...
Hello. I recently accepted an invitation to get free Windows 10. I was accepted and it seems to have installed just fine. Right after installation I poked around in it and found "Settings" where, among other things, I found settings to stop...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.
Find Us