Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #11

    If you run the ipconfig /all on the laptop that *IS* connected to the router, do you see the subnet mask as being 255.255.255.0 (and not 255.255.0.0)?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #12

    simrick said: View Post
    If you run the ipconfig /all on the laptop that *IS* connected to the router, do you see the subnet mask as being 255.255.255.0 (and not 255.255.0.0)?
    Yes the laptop is 255.255.255.0
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #13

    WhiteThunder said: View Post
    Yes the laptop is 255.255.255.0
    Okay, please go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections
    In that window, all your NICs should be shown.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	75333

    Right-click on your wireless NIC and select Properties.
    Make sure the ones I show selected here are also selected for your NIC:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs01.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	75337

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs02.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	75338



    Then highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs03.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	75340


    Select Use the following IP address.

    IP address = an IP address available in the range of your router's DHCP addressing, not used by another device at the moment. (If you're not sure, look in your router configuration to find the range of IP addresses it assigns.)

    Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0

    Default gateway = The gateway address of your router (Look at the ipconfig /all from the connected laptop to get this - usually something like 192.168.1.1)

    For DNS server addresses, you can use Google's which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

    Save all and reboot the system. See if you get connected with the wireless. Make sure the wireless is turned on, on the system - sometimes there is an F-key or Shift+F-key to toggle the wireless on and off.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #14

    simrick said: View Post
    Okay, please go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections
    In that window, all your NICs should be shown.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	75333

    Right-click on your wireless NIC and select Properties.
    Make sure the ones I show selected here are also selected for your NIC:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs01.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	75337

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs02.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	75338



    Then highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NICs03.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	75340


    Select Use the following IP address.

    IP address = an IP address available in the range of your router's DHCP addressing, not used by another device at the moment. (If you're not sure, look in your router configuration to find the range of IP addresses it assigns.)

    Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0

    Default gateway = The gateway address of your router (Look at the ipconfig /all from the connected laptop to get this - usually something like 192.168.1.1)

    For DNS server addresses, you can use Google's which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

    Save all and reboot the system. See if you get connected with the wireless. Make sure the wireless is turned on, on the system - sometimes there is an F-key or Shift+F-key to toggle the wireless on and off.
    I did this and there was no change.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #15

    Can you go into your router settings and, using the mac address of your wireless NIC, assign a static IP to your machine - the same IP address that you put in the computer's NIC settings?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #16

    Has this computer been recently infected with some sort of virus?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #17

    simrick said: View Post
    Can you go into your router settings and, using the mac address of your wireless NIC, assign a static IP to your machine - the same IP address that you put in the computer's NIC settings?
    It now just says DNS server not responding. And no not that I know of, but ill run malware bytes right now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #18

    WhiteThunder said: View Post
    It now just says DNS server not responding. And no not that I know of, but ill run malware bytes right now.
    Okay, before you run the scan, make sure the box is ticked to include Rootkits.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       17 Apr 2016 #19

    simrick said: View Post
    Okay, before you run the scan, make sure the box is ticked to include Rootkits.
    Ok I hit configure and included rootkits, ill tell the results.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       17 Apr 2016 #20

    You still with us?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No Internet Access - How to fix it
Hello, I am new here, I have to say that new version of Windows looks optimized more than ever, love the style and the functionality of it, but sadly I have some first problems, although I am still not sure if new update is causing them. ...
Network and Sharing
No internet access
Hi there, Today I upgrade my os from windows7 to windows 10. Installation was success. Already in this system there was AVG antivirus 2014 installed. The Internet was working fine and wireless network was also working. Then I updated the...
Network and Sharing
Solved Cant access internet
I'm connected to the WiFi, but I can't access the internet. I was trying to fix my rocket league connection so I followed this tutorial to reset the internet options of internet explorer and then to restore the options. I restarted my pc and now I...
Network and Sharing
Solved Internet Access but no Network Access
Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on...
Network and Sharing
Says I have internet access but I believe I do not
I have recently got a virus where I believe I got rid of by restoring my HP laptop back to factory settings however...since this I have had my internet connection say internet access however it always disconnects and it also has no "bars" of...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums