Windows 10: Can't use RDP Microsoft Android app. Any way to check and see if RDP i

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Tech. Preview
       12 Mar 2015 #1

    Can't use RDP Microsoft Android app. Any way to check and see if RDP i


    Microsoft's RDP app for android is not working with Win 10. Any way to see if RDP is enabled?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       13 Mar 2015 #2

    Check with netstat /p tcp /a | findstr 3389 if you are listening:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	netstat.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	14268

    Check RDP is enabled in System Preferences:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	system properties.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	14270

    Check your network (is it private or public). Windows 10 has a habit of making networks public - the easiest way to make it private is to run the homegroup troubleshooter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Network.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	14269

    Check your firewall - is RDP allowed for your network zone?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firewall.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	14267

    Are you trying to connect from your local network or from outside? If from outside you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router How to Configure a Router for Remote Desktop
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Tech. Preview
    Thread Starter
       13 Mar 2015 #3

    adamf said: View Post
    Check with netstat /p tcp /a | findstr 3389 if you are listening:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	netstat.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	14268

    Check RDP is enabled in System Preferences:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	system properties.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	14270

    Check your network (is it private or public). Windows 10 has a habit of making networks public - the easiest way to make it private is to run the homegroup troubleshooter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Network.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	14269

    Check your firewall - is RDP allowed for your network zone?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firewall.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	14267

    Are you trying to connect from your local network or from outside? If from outside you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router How to Configure a Router for Remote Desktop
    Netstat doesn't find anything. Can't find Remote Desktop in Windows Firewall. No option for Remote desktop in Remote Settings. Network is private.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       13 Mar 2015 #4

    Can you post a picture of the remote tab in System Properties (like the second one above). I'm not sure for what reason you wouldn't even have the option to turn it on so let us see what it looks like. Can you also confirm what build you are running also - I'm running Windows 10 Pro build 9926 - it will tell you in the watermark in the bottom right of your desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11,223
    Windows 10 Pro
       13 Mar 2015 #5

    In your other thread I already linked you to the Remote Desktop Connection tutorial. Part Two of the said tutorial shows you exactly what you need to do in order to enable remote connections to Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Tech. Preview
    Thread Starter
       13 Mar 2015 #6

    Now, I just found out about Windows 10 pro t.p. That's the problem...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,223
    Windows 10 Pro
       13 Mar 2015 #7

    d2123cross said: View Post
    Now, I just found out about Windows 10 pro t.p. That's the problem...
    That makes no sense. What is your problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Tech. Preview
    Thread Starter
       13 Mar 2015 #8

    Kari said: View Post
    That makes no sense. What is your problem?
    I just found out about Windows 10 Pro T.P. Remote desktop is only on pro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       13 Mar 2015 #9

    d2123cross said: View Post
    I just found out about Windows 10 Pro T.P. Remote desktop is only on pro.
    What version of Windows are you running? Pro, Enterprise and Server versions can all act as RDP host. There haven't been any other ten preview versions released afaik.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11,223
    Windows 10 Pro
       13 Mar 2015 #10

    adamf said: View Post
    What version of Windows are you running? Pro, Enterprise and Server versions can all act as RDP host. There haven't been any other ten preview versions released afaik.
    Exactly. All versions of Windows 10 Technical Preview can act as remote hosts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softmedia.remote Would this work on Windows 10? I'll try it and see if it works and report back if it does.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54.
Find Us