Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8
    windows 10
       #1

    Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny


    I bought a new laptop with windows 10 mainly for remote desk top connection. When I connect to the server remotely the icons and letters are very tiny.
    How can I fix this?
    Is there any new app other than microsoft remote desktop connection?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14,598
    Windows 10 IoT
       #2

    If your running Windows 10 Pro there is a full Remote Desktop utility built in. I use it all the time to remote into my Raspberry Pi. It's under Windows Accessories in the Start Menu. Other than that, open the settings for your current Remote Desktop connection App and see if you can change the screen resolution.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17,640
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    tmohanathas said:
    When I connect to the server remotely the icons and letters are very tiny.
    How can I fix this?
    See the Part Three in this tutorial: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

    It shows you how to select your preferred resolution for a remote session.

    Kari
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 8
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Hi alphanumeric
    I tried as you mentioned but there is no improvement, still the icons and letters are very tiny
    alphanumeric said:
    If your running Windows 10 Pro there is a full Remote Desktop utility built in. I use it all the time to remote into my Raspberry Pi. It's under Windows Accessories in the Start Menu. Other than that, open the settings for your current Remote Desktop connection App and see if you can change the screen resolution.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 8
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Hi Kari
    I tried the part 3 but letters and icons are tiny. Is there any other app other than microsoft RDC where I can connect remotely and see?

    Kari said:
    See the Part Three in this tutorial: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

    It shows you how to select your preferred resolution for a remote session.

    Kari
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,640
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    Please could you make a screenshot showing your desktop and the remote session active on the desktop. I addition, please mention the set resolution for your remote session.

    Tutorials in case you need them:
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 14,598
    Windows 10 IoT
       #7

    Are you using the Remote Desktop App or the actual Remote Desktop Connection that is in Windows Accessories and built into Windows?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,640
    Windows 10 Pro
       #8

    alphanumeric said:
    Are you using the Remote Desktop App or the actual Remote Desktop Connection that is in Windows Accessories and built into Windows?
    That should be irrelevant regarding the resolution and the size of the remote desktop. Both can be used in borderless full screen mode.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 14,598
    Windows 10 IoT
       #9

    Kari said:
    That should be irrelevant regarding the resolution and the size of the remote desktop. Both can be used in borderless full screen mode.
    Maybe, I don't personally know as I have never used the Remote Desktop App. Just wanted to cover all the bases in case one was different from the other.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 17,640
    Windows 10 Pro
       #10

    alphanumeric said:
    Maybe, I don't personally know as I have never used the Remote Desktop App.
    No "Maybe" here, I wouldn't post something like that if it was "Maybe".

    The app is fully and freely scalable, screenshots from just now using the MS Remote Desktop App connecting to my HTPC:

    Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny-2016_02_08_13_51_291.png

    Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny-2016_02_08_13_51_573.png

    Fullscreen with borders:
    Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny-2016_02_08_13_52_215.png

    Borderless fullscreen:

    Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny-2016_02_08_13_52_114.png
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums