Windows 10: Lost network computers after new sky router

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    16 Jan 2016 #11

    Yes i think Kaspersky has a lot to do with it

    i think that might be the next step
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,160
    EL Capitan
       16 Jan 2016 #12

    It would be that Kaspersky did not have the new network Trusted.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    17 Jan 2016 #13

    bro67 said: View Post
    It would be that Kaspersky did not have the new network Trusted.
    Hi guys i think i have done Kaspersky an injustice i totally removed Kaspersky 2016 from both of my computers rebooted and tried to access my network.

    The results where hit and miss sometimes i could see the other computers and sometimes not, sometimes my laptop when trying to access my other computer would ask my for the password for the other computer, i had to add the correct password several times before it would connect.

    Then on the next reboot i could not see the other computer at all and not able to see my network printer.

    So with no anti-virus present on ether computer it still will not connect

    Now i am not sure if this problem started when i installed the latest windows build or when i changed my router

    This problem i have is so random, On one boot it works fully but only one way and the next boot up it works partly and another boot it will not work at all My network settings and Kaspersky settings are always the same, so it must be windows 10.

    I can click on the network icon and see all the computers and access them, then i can browse a couple of web sites and then go back to the network icon click on it, and i cant see any computers on the network just 10 minutes later and both computers have not rebooted or anything like that?

    Sometimes when i click on the network icon the computer can not see itself never mind the other computers.

    i see the internet is full of people with the same or similar problems
    Last edited by sam02; 17 Jan 2016 at 12:07.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    17 Jan 2016 #14

    sam02 said: View Post
    Hi guys i think i have done Kaspersky an injustice i totally removed Kaspersky 2016 from both of my computers rebooted and tried to access my network.

    The results where hit and miss sometimes i could see the other computers and sometimes not, sometimes my laptop when trying to access my other computer would ask my for the password for the other computer, i had to add the correct password several times before it would connect.

    Then on the next reboot i could not see the other computer at all and not able to see my network printer.

    So with no anti-virus present on ether computer it still will not connect

    Now i am not sure if this problem started when i installed the latest windows build or when i changed my router

    This problem i have is so random, On one boot it works fully but only one way and the next boot up it works partly and another boot it will not work at all My network settings and Kaspersky settings are always the same, so it must be windows 10.

    I can click on the network icon and see all the computers and access them, then i can browse a couple of web sites and then go back to the network icon click on it, and i cant see any computers on the network just 10 minutes later and both computers have not rebooted or anything like that?

    Sometimes when i click on the network icon the computer can not see itself never mind the other computers.

    i see the internet is full of people with the same or similar problems
    I think W10 is having some networking problems, yes.
    For now, it might just be easier for you to use Teamviewer - it's free for personal use. It's what I use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    18 Jan 2016 #15

    Hi guys i now believe my problem was not the result of the new Sky router and it is due to Windows 10.

    I have stumbled on a workaround until Microsoft release a fix when i click on the network icon i get a very random chance of seeing other computers on the network and an even less chance of connecting to them. Not good if you need to access other computers data quickly.

    What i have done is right click on the network icon, then left click on Map network drive, then select a Drive letter, then in the folder box type the name of the other computer as \\(The other computer name), then click browse and then every shared folder on the second computer is visible, click on the folder you need access to then click ok, then close the network folder down, then then the shared folder is visible in This PC (in my case 100% of the time).

    I know this is not quite as easy but it does give me access to the other computer and this is with Kaspersky 2016 running on both computers
    Last edited by sam02; 18 Jan 2016 at 04:56.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    18 Jan 2016 #16

    sam02 said: View Post
    Hi guys i now believe my problem was not the result of the new Sky router and it is due to Windows 10.

    I have stumbled on a workaround until Microsoft release a fix when i click on the network icon i get a very random chance of seeing other computers on the network and an even less chance of connecting to them. Not good if you need to access other computers data quickly.

    What i have done is right click on the network icon, then left click on Map network drive, then select a Drive letter, then in the folder box type the name of the other computer as \\(The other computer name), then click browse and then every shared folder on the second computer is visible, click on the folder you need access to then click ok, then close the network folder down, then then the shared folder is visible in This PC (in my case 100% of the time).

    I know this is not quite as easy but it does give me access to the other computer and this is with Kaspersky 2016 running on both computers
    Well, glad you've got it sorted for now. Thanks for posting your fix!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
network and printers not showing in Network and Sharing
We have recently updated our four work computers to windows 10. Mine shows none of the network computers or printers under network. Under printers it shows one of our four printers but says driver unavailable and the spooler is not working. I can...
Network Printers in Drivers and Hardware
I have two HP network printers. After I install them I go to the Control Panel Devices and printers, and rename tboth of the printers so that the users will know which HP printer they should use. After I reboot the machine, In the Settings...
Access to network printers etc... in Browsers and Email
When trying to add some of my network printers the process never found any. I was doing this vial the control panel's to add new printers. I have three printers on my network and they cannot be found. How to I get around this problem? I am,...
Random network printers listed in Drivers and Hardware
OK, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please don't shoot me down if it isn't. I have the Windows 10 preview installed and went to add my printer last night, when the OS searched for it on my network it brought back a list of about...
Add network printers in Network and Sharing
Hello, Windows does not automatically detect networks printers ... with 7 and 8.1 I had to manually install them using their IP but it's not possible to do this with the TP ... any idea ?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums