(I had this same question posted within the Browser & email section, however I do feel that it's more appropriate in this section, so I've moved it to here. My apologies for any confusion)
Hi, and thank-you for looking over my question.
For the past 1-2 weeks, I have been getting random "Server Not Found" error messages when I click on one of my bookmarks. Even when I reload an already opened webpage, that same site now shows the "server not found" message.
I am using Firefox 43.0.2 and I'm on Win-10 Pro x64 (V. 1511 / Build 10586.36)
When these error messages pop up, I refresh the page and when that does not work, immediately re-launch my browser. After doing this for a moment or two (or more), I'm able to re-establish a connection.
I've also tried a few other things when I'm unable to connect, such as launching Edge, as well as manually trying to 'ping' a website via the command prompt. Neither works.
I also have a second system running XP Pro, which I use via a KVM switch. When one of the server error messages pop up on my Win-10 system, I can click over and check that system, which is able to get online fine. So this leads me to believe that it is something other than router, modem or ISP related issues.
I am only using the Win-10 firewall. I have not tried to disable it to see if that helps, only because this issue only lasts for a few moments and I have not had the feeling that I needed to explore all of that just yet. I do not have any other 3rd party security programs running either.
I'm on standard cable and not using any type of VPN or proxy. I have not renewed my IP, or re-did anything in reference to my internet connection since this began. I have not installed any new Apps, and any addons, I would think, would be browser specific.
Again, this comes and goes several times throughout the day, which is odd. I can be fine for hours, then I'm suddenly off-line and unable to connect for few moments. However, sometimes this occurs several times within an hour- which is becoming pretty annoying.
I'm hoping this is one of the 'quirks' that will be corrected in time, but I wanted to see if there's anything I'm missing and I'm very open to suggestions.
* Also, I have read a few posts about this same issue and the fix deals with NVIDA drivers. This is not going to applicable in my case.