Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    30 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Win 10 64 Bit

    Strange phones in network


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Network.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	56210I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all encryption on. My router does not show them, but they are on the network. When this happens, it's hard to see each others computer. Sometimes after refreshing a multiple times, the phone is not there and sometimes can see each other's computer. I have switched the workgroup name and the router password and still the same. Has anyone else experience this problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10

    I am interested in this too, I always get different devices on my network.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,330
    Mac OS Sierra

    The first media device is your Samsung Blu-Ray player (search engines are great tools). The other one is what appears to be an Acer Tablet or some other Android tablet.

    Again Search engines are great tools, same as the fact that knowing what electronic items are left on standby that are plugged in and the wireless or wired network is sending them a ping to see if they are still online.

    Nothing more to see here, time to move on. Remember Search engines are always the first tool if you cannot find the device in your home, which is usually buried under a stack of mail or tossed under a piece of furniture.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 15
    Win 10 Creators Update

    Do you have a Comcast Xfinity modem by chance?


    I noticed the same thing on my Comcast service. I switched out their modem/router/WiFi for one I bought and haven't seen that since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness10 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Network.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	56210I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all encryption on. My router does not show them, but they are on the network. When this happens, it's hard to see each others computer. Sometimes after refreshing a multiple times, the phone is not there and sometimes can see each other's computer. I have switched the workgroup name and the router password and still the same. Has anyone else experience this problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Jan 2016 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Win 10 64 Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    The first media device is your Samsung Blu-Ray player (search engines are great tools). The other one is what appears to be an Acer Tablet or some other Android tablet.

    Again Search engines are great tools, same as the fact that knowing what electronic items are left on standby that are plugged in and the wireless or wired network is sending them a ping to see if they are still online.

    Nothing more to see here, time to move on. Remember Search engines are always the first tool if you cannot find the device in your home, which is usually buried under a stack of mail or tossed under a piece of furniture.
    First of all, I know what the Blu Ray device is as well as all the other devices. Second,I have searched the web for the different phones that appears and not of phones and/or tablets are what appears. You need to move on if you can give some kind of sound advice instead of telling somebody to search the web.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    01 Jan 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Win 10 64 Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by abenavraham View Post
    I noticed the same thing on my Comcast service. I switched out their modem/router/WiFi for one I bought and haven't seen that since.
    No I dont. I have a Netgear router, my own router.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    01 Jan 2016 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Win 10 64 Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by RealPetChicken View Post
    I am interested in this too, I always get different devices on my network.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    01 Jan 2016 #8
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 336
    Window 10

    Has a smart phone connected to your WiFi network recently?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    01 Jan 2016 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Win 10 64 Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by PJLLB View Post
    Has a smart phone connected to your WiFi network recently?
    None out of the ordinary. Only the 2 my wife and I have which are both samsungs. I might have found a solution though. It looks like it might be part of the MS problem with the networking and the newest patch. I went to this site, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-3751499f2430 to find a solution to the missing networked computers and did what a couple of the posters did, and now I haven't seen any phones at all and all my computers shows up now.
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled


    Try the following. On every computer in the workgroup go to:

    Settings->Network & Internet->Ethernet->Change Advanced Sharing Options
    and check
    Use User Accounts and passwords to connect to other computers


    Of course, read the warning above that checkbox.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    01 Jan 2016 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Win 10 64 Bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by RealPetChicken View Post
    I am interested in this too, I always get different devices on my network.
    Read post 9, I may have found a solution
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port
I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I take the surface to a different port and plug it in it works, if I get a different surface and...
Network and Sharing
Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc
So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network connections.. I could not see the adapter to use or enable/disable etc despite having the drivers up to date....
Network and Sharing
network issues, unable to enter network credentials
I upgraded two desktops to Win 10 (one from Win 7 and one from Win 8.1). I have issues with setting up a network. First, I tried to set up a homegroup and I failed (i already posted another question on this subject with no luck so far). OK,...
Network and Sharing
WiFi Windows 10 upgrade after making 2 (Network adapter), the network
28883 My pc wifi 2 adapter network no screnn :(
Network and Sharing
No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049
I can no longer see my Network Attached Storage in this build(10049) Enterprise. I have Network Discovery enabled and can get to the device by IP Address in a browser but am unable to map a drive to any share. Anyone else having these issues. I have...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums