Huawei Modem not working in Win 10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #11

    werty said:
    Hope this time works! :)

    Edit: these drivers come up with my Huawei E173 Modem running on Windows 8.1
    Yep, the zip file is there. I haven't looked inside, because it wouldn't do me much good (I don't have a Huawei device).

    I think the best path dejager183 can take is to post the device manager screen shot for now. I have been able to get older USB 802.11 adapters to work by installing through Device manager - some devices needed a bit more coaxing (a different mfr'd device with the identical chip, then using that inf file ... but that's a lot of investigation).

    I'm thinking the device might be visible in DevMgr and dejager183 might be able to coerce the install using what they have.

    Your zip file might come in handy, but there is a risk in just installing those drivers. I don't know the specifics of the two devices.

    Thanks for posting them - we'll see how things go and maybe one of us can research the devices a bit further.

    If you have the E173 installed and running, could you provide any additional information (driver version, chipset - there aren't that many really - Intel, Broadcom, Realtek, ....). Also is the E173 phone capable (see I really know nothing about the Huawei devices

    Thanks, it falls back into dejager183's court.

    Bill
    .
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 109
    Windows 10 Pro
       #12

    Slartybart said:
    werty said:
    Hope this time works! :)

    Edit: these drivers come up with my Huawei E173 Modem running on Windows 8.1
    Yep, the zip file is there. I haven't looked inside, because it wouldn't do me much good (I don't have a Huawei device).

    I think the best path dejager183 can take is to post the device manager screen shot for now. I have been able to get older USB 802.11 adapters to work by installing through Device manager - some devices needed a bit more coaxing (a different mfr'd device with the identical chip, then using that inf file ... but that's a lot of investigation).

    I'm thinking the device might be visible in DevMgr and dejager183 might be able to coerce the install using what they have.

    Your zip file might come in handy, but there is a risk in just installing those drivers. I don't know the specifics of the two devices.

    Thanks for posting them - we'll see how things go and maybe one of us can research the devices a bit further.

    If you have the E173 installed and running, could you provide any additional information (driver version, chipset - there aren't that many really - Intel, Broadcom, Realtek, ....). Also is the E173 phone capable (see I really know nothing about the Huawei devices

    Thanks, it falls back into dejager183's court.

    Bill
    .
    Attachment 9958Attachment 9959

    The E173 modem is running on integrated Intel chipset. On the screenshots you can see the driver versions. I don't think it is phone capable - I am using it only to surf the net. In the drivers that I have uploaded there are many hardware ids, I hope the E352 modem hardware id is among them.
      My Computer

  3. dejager183's Avatar
    Posts : 25
    Win 10 Beta and Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Hi guys, the modem had software installed that i removed and replaced with a newer version of Mobile Partner using the dashboard Tool. That is all that is installed on the modem at the moment, I have tried various other versions of Mobile Partner aswel and it still doesn't get "picked up" by Win 10, yet it works perfectly in Windows 7. I tried downloading the drivers werty listed but for some reason i cant download them (yes i am registered on MediaFire). It is very strange that it doesn't get recognised as a modem in Win 10. Any other advise ... please guys, this is turning out to be one heck of a challenge ... lol
      My Computer

  4. dejager183's Avatar
    Posts : 25
    Win 10 Beta and Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Finally, managed to resolve the problem by downloading the Mobile Partner version from the Huawei website designed for Windows 8.1 and updating the Modem Software & Drivers. This installs the drivers for the device and it works perfectly in all versions of Windows including Windows 10 TP.
    Here is the link to the download for the software & drivers should anyone else have a similar problem.
    http://consumer.huawei.com/en/suppor...x.htm?id=31521
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 109
    Windows 10 Pro
       #15

    Glad you sorted it out! :) If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask.

    Good luck, werty
      My Computer

  6. dejager183's Avatar
    Posts : 25
    Win 10 Beta and Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #16

    werty said:
    Glad you sorted it out! :) If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask.

    Good luck, werty
    Than you for your assistance, i will keep that in mind.
      My Computer

  7. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #17

    dejager183 said:
    Finally, managed to resolve the problem by downloading the Mobile Partner version from the Huawei website designed for Windows 8.1 and updating the Modem Software & Drivers. This installs the drivers for the device and it works perfectly in all versions of Windows including Windows 10 TP.
    Here is the link to the download for the software & drivers should anyone else have a similar problem.
    http://consumer.huawei.com/en/suppor...x.htm?id=31521
    Where there's a will ... there's a way. I probably would have missed that page since it references Mac first - great find and thanks for posting the information.

    Bill
    .
      My Computer

  8. dejager183's Avatar
    Posts : 25
    Win 10 Beta and Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Slartybart said:
    dejager183 said:
    Finally, managed to resolve the problem by downloading the Mobile Partner version from the Huawei website designed for Windows 8.1 and updating the Modem Software & Drivers. This installs the drivers for the device and it works perfectly in all versions of Windows including Windows 10 TP.
    Here is the link to the download for the software & drivers should anyone else have a similar problem.
    http://consumer.huawei.com/en/suppor...x.htm?id=31521
    Where there's a will ... there's a way. I probably would have missed that page since it references Mac first - great find and thanks for posting the information.

    Bill
    .
    Awesome, I'm always glad if the information is useful to others also.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #19

    werty said:
    Attachment 9946 Hope this time works! :)

    Edit: these drivers come up with my Huawei E173 Modem running on Windows 8.1
    I have same problem how to use this driver.zip i extracted and saw lots of files but not exe or msi file to install it help
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 520
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #20

    iFaizan said:
    I have same problem how to use this driver.zip i extracted and saw lots of files but not exe or msi file to install it help
    After you unzip the drivers use this tutorial to install using the Device Manager

    Driver Install
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums