Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Anniversay Ed.
       22 Nov 2015 #1

    Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!


    I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying yellow triangle .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 0
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971
       22 Nov 2015 #2

    Another user posted this on another thread. She had the same problem. Your connection is at its full speed and the yellow triangle won't go away. http://blog.superuser.com/2011/05/16...ork-awareness/ .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Anniversay Ed.
       22 Nov 2015 #3

    JohnC said: View Post
    Another user posted this on another thread. She had the same problem. Your connection is at its full speed and the yellow triangle won't go away. http://blog.superuser.com/2011/05/16...ork-awareness/ .
    Where in there does it show how to get rid of the triangle?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,083
    EL Capitan
       23 Nov 2015 #4

    jscarano said: View Post
    Where in there does it show how to get rid of the triangle?
    You have to reboot your Router/Gateway to get the DNS cache on the router to flush. Also you can do a Winsock repair on the Windows computer to repair that, which will help. 9 times out of 10 it is the Gateway that is the culprit.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Anniversay Ed.
       23 Nov 2015 #5

    bro67 said: View Post
    You have to reboot your Router/Gateway to get the DNS cache on the router to flush. Also you can do a Winsock repair on the Windows computer to repair that, which will help. 9 times out of 10 it is the Gateway that is the culprit.
    So even if before I upgraded, when I was still on Windows 8.1, I did not have that icon on there I should reboot router/modem and that icon will go away?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       23 Nov 2015 #6

    Or you can also try resetting your network adapter by going to Network and Sharing Center>>>Change Adapter settings and from there, Disable the network adapter (right-click) and then enable it back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,083
    EL Capitan
       23 Nov 2015 #7

    jscarano said: View Post
    So even if before I upgraded, when I was still on Windows 8.1, I did not have that icon on there I should reboot router/modem and that icon will go away?
    It does not matter what OS you are running. That error is because there is a problem communicating with the Gateway.

    Majority of the times, it can be resolved by unplugging and plugging back in the gateway.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,083
    EL Capitan
       23 Nov 2015 #8

    badrobot said: View Post
    Or you can also try resetting your network adapter by going to Network and Sharing Center>>>Change Adapter settings and from there, Disable the network adapter (right-click) and then enable it back.
    That does nothing, other then disabled and enables the adspter. Does not fix the whole problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Anniversay Ed.
       23 Nov 2015 #9

    bro67 said: View Post
    It does not matter what OS you are running. That error is because there is a problem communicating with the Gateway.

    Majority of the times, it can be resolved by unplugging and plugging back in the gateway.
    Well I rebooted modem and the router and still have triangle but I can surf like before. So rebooting did not fix issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       23 Nov 2015 #10

    bro67 said: View Post
    That does nothing, other then disabled and enables the adspter. Does not fix the whole problem.
    Yes it does solve connection issues sometimes. It solved my problem several times before. It's like resetting your adapter the way you reset the modem or the router. But it's not always a working solution. We are all just trying to help. Any suggestion no matter how big or small counts.
    @jscarano , have you tried reinstalling the network driver?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts
After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them? 26944 EDIT: Here's a solution... Launch the shortcuts via CMD: Right-click the shortcut to Properties Click Change Icon, then...
Customization
Solved Network icon in tray has yellow triangle but net works fine
Hi, Last night I bit the bullet again & upgraded to windows 10 & then did a clean install. I have noticed that the network icon in the system tray shows a yellow triangle & says no access but I can surf fine with chrome & use qbitorrent etc. ...
General Support
Taskbar Icon Size
Hello everyone. I have small problem again. Is anyone know how to change the taskbar icon size? Because Windows 10 Taskbar icons looks so small too me. Here is different from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Thanks. 27697
Customization
How to Add a Print Icon to Taskbar
I am still adjusting from IE to Edge and Windows 10. How do I add a Print icon (or something similar) to the taskbar? Thanks!
General Support
Power icon on taskbar
The power icon, which isn't being displayed on the taskbar, is not selectable in the SETTINGS area, as described here... System Icons - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums What can be done to make it available?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums