Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       23 May 2016 #11

    liqetsia911 said: View Post
    This seemed to work for me:

    Disabling “Large Send Offload (LSO)”

    Large Send Offload is a technique of improving network performance while at the same time reducing CPU overhead. Apparently it does not work very well, so it was suggested to disable it. If you would like to know about LSO, check this MSDN article from 2001 (Task Offload (NDIS 5.1) (Windows Drivers)).

    LSO is an option located in a Device Manager under your network adapter, so this solution requires Administrator Privileges.

    Follow these steps:
    1.Open Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties
    2.Under Control Panel Home located on the left side of the window click on Device Manager
    3.You will get a list of all devices on your machine. Expand Network Adapters.
    4.Find your Network Card and double-click on it.
    5.Select Advanced tab. You will get a list filled with different options.
    6.Select Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and set the value to Disabled
    7.Do the same for Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6) if it is available
    8.Click OK

    After clicking OK, tried to send a file over the LAN network. Transfer speed started very slow, but it was gradually picking up speed. Decided to restart the computer and try to send that file again and this time it worked like a charm.

    Now that sending of files worked as it should, also checked speed for receiving files. It turned out that it was still slow but all that was needed to fix was to disable Large Send Offload V2 on the other computer. Once done, problem was solved for receiving files as well.

    Hope this works for you guys / girls
    Thanks for this suggestion. My Windows 10 Pro's network will slow down to 240 Kbps according to Fast.com. A reboot always brought it back to around 85 Mbps. I have just altered this setting as a test.

    Sadly after an hour or so my network has slowed down again, even with this setting.
    Last edited by SZ68NJ; 23 May 2016 at 07:31.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 v.1511
       11 Jun 2016 #12

    Thank you! I also created an account just to say that this worked for me - and selecting 9014 bytes for Jumbo Packet size (instead of "Disabled") helped as well. I was getting intense skipping and pausing on my media players playing audio files from my NAS (not a problem on Win7) and these things fixed it for me. In fact, navigating folders on my mapped drives on the NAS has never been this fast. Thank you!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 1,737
    Windows Home x64 (Home per choice)
       11 Jun 2016 #13

    So much for saying, that 10 works out of a box, we will always need utilities like TCP Optimizer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       13 Jun 2016 #14

    SZ68NJ said: View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion. My Windows 10 Pro's network will slow down to 240 Kbps according to Fast.com. A reboot always brought it back to around 85 Mbps. I have just altered this setting as a test.

    Sadly after an hour or so my network has slowed down again, even with this setting.
    Well seems my problem has nothing to do with Windows 10. The problem seems to be with Chrome or the Fast.com web page. I was using Fast.com to check on my ISP connection. If I open a brand new chrome window I always get over 80 Mbs. If I leave chrome open to fast.com and retest later the results fall to 270 Kbs.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 1
    Win 10
       19 Aug 2016 #15

    Jumbo Frames


    tfish77 said: View Post
    Thank you! I also created an account just to say that this worked for me - and selecting 9014 bytes for Jumbo Packet size (instead of "Disabled") helped as well. I was getting intense skipping and pausing on my media players playing audio files from my NAS (not a problem on Win7) and these things fixed it for me. In fact, navigating folders on my mapped drives on the NAS has never been this fast. Thank you!
    Jumbo frames will only work if set to the same value on each device, so you would need to set it on your NAS and also you will need a fully managed switch and set your PC and NAS ports to use jumbo frames. only setting it on your desktop will make the packets fragment back to 1500 bytes, having a decent setup (good NIC in desktop and a speedy NAS) and using jumbo frames will get you close to the limit of 1gbps network, i get around 123MB/s network transfer speed, theoretical max is 125MB/s but you have to take into account overheads so you would never get 125MB/s
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,386
    Win10 1607
       19 Aug 2016 #16

    maafty said: View Post
    Jumbo frames will only work if set to the same value on each device, so you would need to set it on your NAS and also you will need a fully managed switch and set your PC and NAS ports to use jumbo frames. only setting it on your desktop will make the packets fragment back to 1500 bytes, having a decent setup (good NIC in desktop and a speedy NAS) and using jumbo frames will get you close to the limit of 1gbps network, i get around 123MB/s network transfer speed, theoretical max is 125MB/s but you have to take into account overheads so you would never get 125MB/s
    As long as the Router/Switch you are using ALSO is capable of JumboFrame Packets. Many TP-Link Routers and switches don't for example eg my Archer C7 , while my computer and NAS can.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 23
    Windows 10 32 bit
       02 Oct 2016 #17

    I am having the SAME issue as everybody else EXCEPT I DO NOT have a "Send Offload V2 (IPv4)" or a "Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6)" in Network adapters OR in ANY advanced tabs, the ONLY thing in there is Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection & the only thing in advanced 'Flow Control', 'Packet Priority & VPN', 'Speed & Duplex', 'Wake on Magic Packet', & 'Wake On Pattern Match. There is nothing Offload anywhere in Network Adapters.

    I'd hate to be that one guy, the only guy, but these instructions do not work for me! My Windows 7 Machine, same exact model (Dell Optiplex 780) does not observe this problem. And these are two identical machines.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,386
    Win10 1607
       02 Oct 2016 #18

    Ornithophilia said: View Post
    I am having the SAME issue as everybody else EXCEPT I DO NOT have a "Send Offload V2 (IPv4)" or a "Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6)" in Network adapters OR in ANY advanced tabs, the ONLY thing in there is Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection & the only thing in advanced 'Flow Control', 'Packet Priority & VPN', 'Speed & Duplex', 'Wake on Magic Packet', & 'Wake On Pattern Match. There is nothing Offload anywhere in Network Adapters.

    I'd hate to be that one guy, the only guy, but these instructions do not work for me! My Windows 7 Machine, same exact model (Dell Optiplex 780) does not observe this problem. And these are two identical machines.
    2 different driver versions ? try an Intel Full Driver if it is using a Win10 Update installed driver ( or possibly a Dell stripped Driver?) to get all options back perhaps , at least on my Intel 218 the two drivers are quite different in Device Manager. Win10 is enforcing Signed Drivers now though so that can be a Pita , it is telling me Intel's latest Drivers on their Website are not signed and won't allow something to start, so I went back to my MB CD driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Dec 2016
    Posts : 1
    Win 10
       03 Dec 2016 #19

    liqetsia911 said: View Post
    This seemed to work for me:

    Disabling “Large Send Offload (LSO)”

    Large Send Offload is a technique of improving network performance while at the same time reducing CPU overhead. Apparently it does not work very well, so it was suggested to disable it. If you would like to know about LSO, check this MSDN article from 2001 (Task Offload (NDIS 5.1) (Windows Drivers)).

    LSO is an option located in a Device Manager under your network adapter, so this solution requires Administrator Privileges.

    Follow these steps:
    1.Open Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties
    2.Under Control Panel Home located on the left side of the window click on Device Manager
    3.You will get a list of all devices on your machine. Expand Network Adapters.
    4.Find your Network Card and double-click on it.
    5.Select Advanced tab. You will get a list filled with different options.
    6.Select Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and set the value to Disabled
    7.Do the same for Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6) if it is available
    8.Click OK

    After clicking OK, tried to send a file over the LAN network. Transfer speed started very slow, but it was gradually picking up speed. Decided to restart the computer and try to send that file again and this time it worked like a charm.

    Now that sending of files worked as it should, also checked speed for receiving files. It turned out that it was still slow but all that was needed to fix was to disable Large Send Offload V2 on the other computer. Once done, problem was solved for receiving files as well.

    Hope this works for you guys / girls
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that not only did this not speed up any file transfer rates on my LAN, but in fact caused any machine on which this was disabled to become inaccessible to my network.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Slow Boot
Does anyone else find windows 10 much slower than windows 7 to boot. I have installed a clean copy of windows 10 and windows 7 on 2 identical ssd drives. windows 7 takes 20 seconds to boot and windows 10 takes 55 seconds. both are 64 bit UEFI...
Performance & Maintenance
Slow to connect to Network from"sleep"
I have a desktop running Win 10 build 10122 and all updates. This is a triple boot system: 1. SSD with Win 7 HO 64 bit 2. SSD with Win 8.1 pro 3. SSD with Win 10 Intel #82579V Gigabit Network Connection adapter with driver: 3/20/15 #...
Network and Sharing
Windows 10 awfully slow on N280 HP Mini 311.
I put 10 on my Mini 311 and basically it freezes when I want to do anything, like open a web browser or open the start menu. I set system settings for performance, but haven't changed anything else. Anyone else running Win 10 on an atom? Is it just...
General Support
No longer see Network Attached Storage in Network View on Build 10049
I can no longer see my Network Attached Storage in this build(10049) Enterprise. I have Network Discovery enabled and can get to the device by IP Address in a browser but am unable to map a drive to any share. Anyone else having these issues. I have...
Network and Sharing
Internet Explorer Super Slow in Windows 10? You're Not...
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums