Windows 10: Cannot leave or create homegroup
I did eventually succeed
1) Ensure the homegroup provider service is running. See if homegroup can now be left
2) Turn off all other computers than the one you are currently working on
3) Try to delete the files in the folder I mentioned above
This will ensure no homegroup - old ones even to which yyou don't know the password - exists
4) Before then creating new homegroup bear in mind that ideally both/all computers should connect to the internet (temporarily) the same way
MY desktop has a wireless card so I could use that to connect to the router
(Due to complications in my house I have a wireless extender and a mains network connection thingy - don't ask)
5) I created the homegroup on my wife's laptop, then leaving it on, powered up the desktop, joined the homegroup with the password given on the laptop
Just to share a printer!
No guarantees but this worked for me
I've tried trouble shooters for homegroup and network
I've tried enable ipv6
I've tried making sure all necessary tasks are "running" in the services section of the network and sharing center
I've tried making sure all my advanced homegroup...
I cannot leave the homegroup. we had 2 computers in the network with windows 7 and windows 8.1. Windows 7 upgraded to windows 10. and the other one did a clean install of windows 8.1. Now i cannot leave the homegroup from windows 10 and the windows...
Thought I would pass on a solution that worked for me when I was about to give up and reinstal again, without any guarantee of success.
I installed Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago on my second computer, leaving the main computer on Win7 until I tried...
Me and my friend want to create a home gorup or network share im not sure how i would do it but i know it is possible when we had win 7 we had a homegroup/network share and i think when we both updated to win 10 we could still connect but thne we...
Their feedback app, a freakin' metro app, will not run for me as I have user account control disabled via registry.
But I have a ton of feedback for them.....:D