Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    06 Oct 2015 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

    Win 10 Connected to internet but blocking acces to application!


    Hi everybody,
    i am now encountering a series of bugs that i've never seen before in any windows.
    Situation:
    OS: Windows 10 Pro official 64
    Connection type: Wifi, no firewall activated

    Applications impacted: Steam unable to connect, Google chrome unable to connect to install software, Mozilla Firefox same thing, and probably more apps get the same problem but i can download them and install if the installer doesn't have to download anything. It seems like a services that is not working inside windows installer.

    I am able to navigate in Microsoft Edge, and some other apps, but unable to install other application, it is like the firewall is blocking the internet acces but the problem is no firewall are activated right now , nothing has been changed to the router settings as other computers on windows doesn't experience that problem. see my screen captures below and i am willing to wait before erasing everything to give you all the chance to understand what is going on here so we can help better peoples having the same issues.

    Screenshot 1 : it says check you firewall setting to put chrome to your white list
    Screenshot 2 : your download has been interupted, click ok to continue ( nothing has downloaded not even 1% )
    Screenshot 3 : it's in English already just read... lol ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bug report chrome 1.PNG   firefox bug 1.PNG   steam bug report 1.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Oct 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Say no firewall, what about Windows Firewall comes standard with Windows ? Check outbound rules settings. You only users account ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Oct 2015 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bits
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Say no firewall, what about Windows Firewall comes standard with Windows ? Check outbound rules settings. You only users account ?
    Windows firewall tested on, then off, and i tried erasing all rules after that.
    adminstrator account.

    i've done cleanup with software to make sure no spyware or virus are blocking.
    also made an sfc /scannow in cmd.exe with administrator elevation. it stop at 23% saying an error message i'll do it again to tell you what it is saying...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Oct 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by lafcam View Post
    Windows firewall tested on, then off, and i tried erasing all rules after that.
    adminstrator account
    This just happened or since you upgraded to windows 10 or did PC comes with it, things never explained. Any other changes made. Have a Anti-Virus can do a complete system scan with in case of a Virus ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Oct 2015 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bits
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    This just happened or since you upgraded to windows 10 or did PC comes with it, things never explained. Any other changes made. Have a Anti-Virus can do a complete system scan with in case of a Virus ?
    Windows 10 is installed for 2 months CLEAN INSTALL, everything was working fine until 1 weeks ago.
    i have done a complete system scan Avast and other spyware software, ccleaner, advance system care,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cas.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	41463
    here the error when doing sfc.exe -
    - the windows ressources protection is unable to execute the operation -
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Oct 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    I would first try it again system file checker in safe mode, then try chkdsk then sfc again.

    From the elevated command prompt, type chkdsk c: /f /r

    Have any other PC or laptops that get access from this router ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Oct 2015 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bits
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    I would first try it again system file checker in safe mode, then try chkdsk then sfc again.

    From the elevated command prompt, type chkdsk c: /f /r

    Have any other PC or laptops that get access from this router ?
    Ok i'll do but, i am not able to start in safe mode in windows 10 , F8 do nothing at start, how can we do this please?
    Multiple other computers, mobiles have acces to the router an works fine
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Oct 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by lafcam View Post
    Ok i'll do but, i am not able to start in safe mode in windows 10 , F8 do nothing at start, how can we do this please?
    Multiple other computers, mobiles have acces to the router an works fine
    Good to think the router is possibly not blocking anything. Try here for safe mode, usually done through advanced options as do not have to reboot first https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Oct 2015 #9
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    I have this exact same problem as lafcam. I was updating 2 laptops in the house to windows 10 from win7 and the second one seems to have this connectivity issue.

    First thing I noticed was that chrome wasn't working but windows Edge was so, after a little digging I installed the standalone x64 version of chrome, which does not require net download during installation (I am experiencing installation setup .exe failures that require internet download, read on). Bam, chrome is working again.

    Unfortunately, the problem wasn't just with chrome, much like lafcam's case. I reset/restarted my router and that didn't help.

    IE wasn't working, which is weird, says something along the line of "DNS error" in Chinese.

    Tried installing Firefox, but failed because it requires download during installation. Searched for standalone version like chrome, and it installed okay but will not load any web pages, which is weird.

    My norton 360 wasn't updating and won't let me sign in to verify subscription. I spent about 5 hours online chatting (in chrome) with norton techs which turned into me having to talk on the phone with them because their remote access to my computer won't work (probably because it's also through the symantec server). We tried safe mode, safe mode with networking (had to go wired connection during that phase because wireless won't work for some reason). Tried norton removal tool multiple times to remove and reinstall norton but every time the same thing, it will not connect with symantec server. In the end, we couldn't figure out the problem.

    Then I thought it might a driver problem, looked online and tried to install slim driver to check my driver status but again it won't install because it needed to download during installation. So, I had to manually go into device manager to check the network drivers, in which it says all good and up to date.

    Oh and yea, it's only that 1 computer so, fun week for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Oct 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by hollower View Post
    I have this exact same problem as lafcam. I was updating 2 laptops in the house to windows 10 from win7 and the second one seems to have this connectivity issue.

    First thing I noticed was that chrome wasn't working but windows Edge was so, after a little digging I installed the standalone x64 version of chrome, which does not require net download during installation (I am experiencing installation setup .exe failures that require internet download, read on). Bam, chrome is working again.

    Unfortunately, the problem wasn't just with chrome, much like lafcam's case. I reset/restarted my router and that didn't help.

    IE wasn't working, which is weird, says something along the line of "DNS error" in Chinese.

    Tried installing Firefox, but failed because it requires download during installation. Searched for standalone version like chrome, and it installed okay but will not load any web pages, which is weird.

    My norton 360 wasn't updating and won't let me sign in to verify subscription. I spent about 5 hours online chatting (in chrome) with norton techs which turned into me having to talk on the phone with them because their remote access to my computer won't work (probably because it's also through the symantec server). We tried safe mode, safe mode with networking (had to go wired connection during that phase because wireless won't work for some reason). Tried norton removal tool multiple times to remove and reinstall norton but every time the same thing, it will not connect with symantec server. In the end, we couldn't figure out the problem.

    Then I thought it might a driver problem, looked online and tried to install slim driver to check my driver status but again it won't install because it needed to download during installation. So, I had to manually go into device manager to check the network drivers, in which it says all good and up to date.

    Oh and yea, it's only that 1 computer so, fun week for me.
    I for one would go to my PC manufacturer's website and check there for updates to all system drivers for Windows 10 if have them or next equivalent. Do not use third party driver update apps. Doing what you did in device manager can help, letting it search online for drivers. If other system are connecting to the router, then you know you have connectivity, still can be issue with connectivity setup on this system. Make sure have all windows updates and try SFC and DISM, but if no internet connection may have issues with those.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
cant connect to internet for updates while im connected!
im facing too many problems with win 10. 1) cant connect to internet for updates while im connected. I tried everything but stills. I have access to wifi interent from chrome or other programmes but not for windows features like cortana, updates...
Windows Updates and Activation
I can't switch the internet I am connected to
Hello guys, so one day I woke up and I am trying to click on all of these buttons Screenshot by Lightshot none of them work. I found a annoying way around this though, to put my comp to sleep and in the screen where you type a password I can change...
Network and Sharing
Internet is connected but some programs denied
Steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again). The McAfee program also cannot run after download as there is an internet connection problem. I also have same problem with garena plus. Besides,...
Network and Sharing
No internet access even when connected.
No Internet access in Edge or through apps. Definitely connected to the network.
Network and Sharing
Solved Can't access Web with Spartan or IE, but internet is connected
I just installed 10074, last weekend and everything seemed to be working. I was able to use Spartan to access the web and I was able to use IE to access the Web. Last night some updates where installed. Today I can not get on the Web. Spartan...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums