Windows 10: laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

  1.    28 Sep 2015 #1

    laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times


    My laptop has been running windows 10 very well for the past month. About 2 weeks ago my computer stop detecting wifi devices. just last week my computer has decided to stop detecting ethernet at random times. sometimes it lasts for 15 min. sometimes it lasts for hours. I do sometimes have internet for 15 min after startup but then it just loses conection. i have tried updating my wifi drivers but it says they are up to date. PLEASE HELP.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Sep 2015 #2

    Hi How old is your router?? They wear out just like all electrical products. I had a Motorola that was 4 years old causing the problems you're having. I bought a NETGEAR and no more problems. If your router is very old, it could be time to replace it.
    Most stores have a two week return. If the new router acts the same, return it and try to find other solutions!
    You could have a internet adapter going bad!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Sep 2015 #3

    Hi If your sure your router is good, you possibly could have a bad internet adapter. Can you connect and stay connected with Ethernet cable. My router recently went bad. You could try a new router. Most stores have a two week return. If new router acts the same, take it back and pursue further solutions!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Sep 2015 #4

    donetao said: View Post
    Hi How old is your router?? They wear out just like all electrical products. I had a Motorola that was 4 years old causing the problems you're having. I bought a NETGEAR and no more problems. If your router is very old, it could be time to replace it.
    Most stores have a two week return. If the new router acts the same, return it and try to find other solutions!
    You could have a internet adapter going bad!!

    router isnt the problem i know for a fact its my computer.. its only 1 year old too
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Sep 2015 #5

    donetao said: View Post
    Hi If your sure your router is good, you possibly could have a bad internet adapter. Can you connect and stay connected with Ethernet cable. My router recently went bad. You could try a new router. Most stores have a two week return. If new router acts the same, take it back and pursue further solutions!
    sometimes the ethernet cable stays connected but like i said for the past week it randomly stops reading the cable.. its not the cable because the cable works fine for my dads computer... should i just get this checked out professionally
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Sep 2015 #6

    stevenespo said: View Post
    router isnt the problem i know for a fact its my computer.. its only 1 year old too
    You know it's your computer??? How can we help you? Internet adapters are not hard to replace.
    Have you thought about a external adapter?
    http://www.ebay.com/gds/5-Benefits-o...7629199/g.html
    http://www.amazon.com/b?node=13983791
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Sep 2015 #7
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Sep 2015 #8

    donetao said: View Post
    thanks for the help... i have no idea how exactly you can help but i thought people might know what i should do.... like maybe its windows 10 and not the computer itself... im having a professional look at my computer but if he cant find anything ill definitely try the external adapter. thanks again donetao
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Sep 2015 #9

    stevenespo said: View Post
    thanks for the help... i have no idea how exactly you can help but i thought people might know what i should do.... like maybe its windows 10 and not the computer itself... im having a professional look at my computer but if he cant find anything ill definitely try the external adapter. thanks again donetao
    Ok Thanks for your reply. Good luck with the professional. Internal Enternet adapters aren't that expensive and are easy to replace! I'll admit I have never replaced one, but the guys that know these things, say it's not that hard. However a laptop may be a little more difficult. Here's all I know!!
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...etwork-adapter
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then...
WiFi and ethernet together in Network and Sharing
I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean. I'd...
Debug report attached. 27187
Just realised that, since I upgraded from Win 7 64 Home Premium to Win 10, it has not detected the laptop's Bluetooth device. It doesn't even feature as a device in Device Manager ... not even one with a problem.
Hello, I am 1 step away from throwing my laptop out of the window! After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 and experiencing a whole shitload of problems with graphic card drivers and wifi connections, I decided to clean install windows...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27.
Find Us