1.    27 Sep 2015 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 3
    Win 10 64bit

    No Access to NAS Drive


    Hi Folk,

    I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder.
    After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially worked fine. For other reasons I had to do a fresh install of WIn10 and wipe the hard drive and start from scratch. Ever since then I've not been able to access my NAS drive.

    For privacy reasons, during the installation, I turned off many of the sharing and 'open' features of Win10 and always log in with a local account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 Sep 2015 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 33
    W10-pro + W7-pro + XP-pro

    More or less the same over here.
    W10-pro does not show the connection in the network but is for instance able to PING it properly with either name or IP-address.
    In my network W10-home does show and work like I was used in W7-pro and W7-home.

    And you know what? Microsoft Netherlands can solve this for me after paying $125,- for a year support..............
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Sep 2015 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 3
    Win 10 64bit
    Thread Starter

    So here's something that's odd...

    I've plugged my NAS drive DIRECTLY into my laptop via the Ethernet port and it works how it should! Windows has mapped the dirves perfectly. I'm beginning to wonder if Windows 10 pro does something to the router? Or changes how it interacts with the router?
    Anyone got any ideas?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Sep 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,986
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    I have a WDC 1TB My Book Live NAS and a WDC2TB My Cloud NAS attached via cable to my Router and Map the Public Folder on each. Don't have an issue with using computers with a Microsoft account, with a local account or without any special account [just a normal login for the computer user], access them from any computer whether wired or wireless. Presently have Win7, Win10, Linux Mint, and MacBook Pro OS X computers connected.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Sep 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 354
    Widows 10/Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTim View Post
    Hi Folk,

    I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder.
    After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially worked fine. For other reasons I had to do a fresh install of WIn10 and wipe the hard drive and start from scratch. Ever since then I've not been able to access my NAS drive.

    For privacy reasons, during the installation, I turned off many of the sharing and 'open' features of Win10 and always log in with a local account.
    Check yours
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nw1.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	39975

    When attaching it directly via an ethernet cable it's probably not being seen as a network connection. It's a direct connection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Sep 2015 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 3
    Win 10 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Yup! That's my settings! I've checked all those several times. Exactly as you have it

    Quote Originally Posted by Torquemada View Post
    Check yours
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nw1.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	39975

    When attaching it directly via an ethernet cable it's probably not being seen as a network connection. It's a direct connection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 Sep 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 354
    Widows 10/Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTim View Post
    Yup! That's my settings! I've checked all those several times. Exactly as you have it
    Networking's not my strong point, I can just about get by.

    Tried this ? https://www.lacie.com/us/more/?id=10138 doesn't like my Firefox but works in Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Oct 2015 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,442
    win 10 Insider

    You say " I've not been able to access my NAS drive" which is not very instructive. Run us through exactly what you see, or don't see, and what errors are being reported (if any).

    Also also tell us how your network is set up.

    The fact that you can access the NAS from a direct cable sort of implies a network problem but you have had it working earlier. This networking stuff can drive you mad!!

    Presume you are on 10240, release?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Cannot access shared network drive
On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via...
Network and Sharing
Encrypted hard drive that I can no longer access on Windows 10
I have an external hard drive that I had to encrypt when using on a work computer. It's protected with a password and to access files, I run unlock.exe and type in a password. However, since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer access the...
General Support
Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files
Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too. I have read/write access to these folders but I cannot save to the folders. Any idea what's going on? 33597
Network and Sharing
Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.
Source
Windows 10 News
"Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive
Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times and each time it fails. So I try to delete the One Drive folder so I can reboot and try again,...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums